who uses WiFi???

Thrill

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've switched the store over to WiFi because I didn't want to bother stringing a new cable for the public internet terminal after the old cable shorted out. Setting up WiFi cost not much more than the new cable would have been, and I didn't have to spend an entire day up on a ladder.

So if you're looking for free access points in Squamish, there are now two that I know of - ~Valhalla Pure~ Outfitters, and the Howe Sound Inn.

I recently installed a 802.11g WiFi system in my house to share a cable modem internet connection and central printer with my new Mac and my old PC (made me feel like a fuckin' genius!). I also purchased a WiFi card for my work laptop so I can check my work email while wearing my bathrobe and sipping coffee on my deck.

Of course, my network is encrypted, but since I live in Northern Michigan, there is a distinct shortage of dirtbag climbers cruising for any open WiFi network anyway...

WiFi is the bomb. I love it. I use my laptop at home, on the road, and at the office, all locations have WiFi. The mobility is great. It is super easy to find free hotspots on the road. I am a sales rep and my territory is Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washingto, and Alaska. I have no problem searching the web for free hotspots.

I recently installed a 802.11g WiFi system in my house to share a cable modem internet connection and central printer with my new Mac and my old PC (made me feel like a fuckin' genius!). I also purchased a WiFi card for my work laptop so I can check my work email while wearing my bathrobe and sipping coffee on my deck.

Of course, my network is encrypted, but since I live in Northern Michigan, there is a distinct shortage of dirtbag climbers cruising for any open WiFi network anyway...

I am sitting in a meeting in Duluth, Minnesota scamming an open network right now fruit.giffruit.gif