Merv and Lambone booted?

pope

Ryland, why not just ask Matt L. who the moderator was? Then post that name here? He isnt opposed to sharing PMs with you, he shouldnt have any problem telling you who it was?

Funny how "moderators" are not entitled to their own opinions on someone else's behavior rolleyes.gif Clearly, since we are all so damn out of control, you are treading on thin ice just by posting your own opinion on the matter. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I know who wrote this and then I'd like to confront them at the Rope Up this coming weekend. Not in Gottermurung way, but a justification is definatley required with these comments.

So you'd get in someone's face about comments they made to someone else about denying them access to a free service on the internet that is little more than a social venue.

Or did I miss something?

RBW, Poor etiquette? Are you serious? After this entire Spray, you're gonna call me out for poor etiquette? I think that this entire situation is based upon that foundation. Just calling the kettle black. And as for Alex. I now know who the banned Bone, but I think they should explain it.

I rarely even look at Spray, but this is getting obsurd. C'mon guys. seriously. Jon straighten these jokers out!

Ryland, actually, you quoted some stuff from Matt and then asked "I wish I knew who wrote this, so I could confront them!"

I actually don't know who wrote what you quoted (it wasnt me [this time! rolleyes.gif]), but its probable that the person who wrote that to Matt was not the person who banned Matt.

Badhairdoo,

I did not say I would get in anyone's face, confronting someone and trying to intimidate them through threats are two totally different things. I would most definately confront someone about taking away access to something if for no justified reason. Bone did nothing wrong. I won't state the same for Cavey and Gottermurung, but the mods. statements are clear. Spray is spray, which is why i rarely even look in this category. I think Spary should not be held to the same scrutiny as other sections. I am on this site mainly for beta, access, news, etc. I am sorry if I have a problem with trying to regulate some pretty amazing discussions. Sometimes they take a wrong turn, but in the end I hope that most people take a little something away by seeing things from others perspectives, thinking outside the box, etc. Unfortunately some folks are too narrow minded/closed-minded to do this. Hence they live in their bubble and come off like idiots most of the time. A community is made up of different people, etc. It is what allows you Badvoodoo, to have funny hair painted different colors and still be accepted. I think it is funny, but there are people out thee who think it is hot, cool, whatever. Same goes for differing opinions. If this board were all filled with the same 5.8 climbers, who thought the same, looked the same, all from similar backgrounds, all with similar opinions, then this site would be boring. You need outliers to push buttons and force others to get out of the box. O.K. there is my spray for 2004.

Banning sucks. Is anyone really so emotionally weak that they feel threatened by someones online persona here?

I think it's appropriate to take action if someone is making specific threats of violence with references to where people live, in detail. You never know who is out there, and there are a lot of messed up people out there. Otherwise, I agree. No banning, except for MtnGoat. That guy just sucked.

RBW, I don't disagree that it was bad etiquette. I acknowledge it is. But I just thought it funny that out of all of this, you will call out one post out of the 7 pages of "bad etiquette" that this discussion is based. The whole situation fails the smell test. I'm not justifying, just find your selection of what is and is not poor etiquette, well, funny.

I'm glad I could amuse you. You apparently missed the couple of instances in the thread where I also criticized banning. I'm not surprised the bone got banned. I may not agree with it but the guy actively asked for it, taunting the mods into banning him. He got what he asked for, so whats the big problem?

Funny, Iain, I actually enjoyed the goats contribution tot he board. That guy could really stir the pot.

Mods, before this spray falls into oblivion and everyone is onto talking Freshiez, ice, and who they think will win the presidential debates on Thursday, why was Bone banned for a comment/s that Cavey made? I want only mods. to respond. That is what the quote said. That cavey made a response and that Bone was banned for it. Just looking for justification. Oh and PMs are open game, even under RBW's poor etiquette clause.

Emailed to me by one of the Moderators:

"I think you should have been banned during your hate spree a week or two ago. Probably lots of mods agreed with that. It just took a catalyst (Caveman spewing threats) for anyone to actually push the button. Consider it a delayed response."

"If it was up to me (if it was my website) you would have been banned earlier. Caveman was not the reason you were banned. I think the sentiment was there already. Caveman's outburst just ended your holiday."

Apparently I was banned because Caveman threatened people...go figure...

Bone

Ryland (and everyone else), wearing my moderator hat (rolleyes.gif) I would suggest you and or Matt take jon up on his offer, which he posted on page 6 of this thread.

"So in an effort to be more proactive I'm going to invite everyone to send Tim and I an email to tell us what you like and don't like about the website, what your thoughts about banning and moderation are, as well as anything else your little hearts desire to talk about. Please provide possible solutions to things you see wrong. For now you can send them to (climb) @ cascadeclimbers DAT com and in the subject put "Suggestion Box".

Edited by Alex

Kind of a "I'm taking my ball and I am going home" sorta thing. It kinda kils your case when you are calling people immature then ban them. Ignore them and go about your day. Everyone is differen't. That is one thing tha I like about this board; every opinion is presented... Won't be for too much longer.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Damn correct.

Well I searched through all of Gotter's recent posts and I didn't see anything malicious. In fact, I didn't see anything at all interesting. So maybe he got banned for something he said in a PM.

Whatever it was that got you banned, gotterdammerung, feel free to send me an email (klenke [at] comcast [dot] net) telling why it was you were banned. I'll post it. I personally would like to know what gets some people banned here and not others who may or may not say the same types of things.

Jeeze guys...I was reading through this Mr. Lambone's posts Labone's recent posts and it looks like the last mean or insulting thing he posted was on 9/16. And nothing really before that, it was all on that day in the "Free Advice" thread....jeeze MAYBE he just had a bad day at work or something and took it out on moderators because he felt insulted by them first?

Then he is banned on 9/24...because of what looks like something that someone else said to someone else.

How strange is that! How do these moderators work anyway?

confused.gif

Lambone is cool in my book. bigdrink.gif

Stop your cryink! You all sound like little boy who had bicycle stolen. cry.gif

If you all spend the time training that you spend wanking on your keyboard you will be crushing routes. You are all stagnant like clogged toilet in a retirement home. Same thing all the time, whaaa, I am victim, whaa it's not fair. STOP YOUR CRYINK! Start training.