Merv and Lambone booted?

pope

well kids, i'm taking my proverbial football and going home. i'm done with this thread and this site for a few days. if any of you have concerns about the bannings or anything i've said here or elsewhere you can take it up with me via e-mail. i may or may not get back to you in a timely fashion.

thanks for the entertainment the last few days wave.gif

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got back from lunch, as much as I didn't want to do it I thought about all of this, because it got my mind off of work. Anyways a bunch of people here think that banning people suck, and I would whole hardedly agree, but in the spirit of being Seattle everyone does a good job complaining about something/everything but never offers a well described alternative or solution. In the 4 years we have run the board I don't think we have had more than a handful of suggestions, and most of them came from people who would eventually become moderators. So in an effort to be more proactive I'm going to invite everyone to send Tim and I an email to tell us what you like and don't like about the website, what your thoughts about banning and moderation are, as well as anything else your little hearts desire to talk about. Please provide possible solutions to things you see wrong. For now you can send them to (climb) @ cascadeclimbers DAT com (not sure why I do this, I don't thinks it's humanly possible to get more spam) and in the subject put "Suggestion Box", and after I read everything I will show selected bits and pieces to the moderators, try to respond to reoccuring things publically, and we might even respond to you privately. From now on complaints will be handled in this manner and not on the board, and while complaining in public is a lot of run, it accomplishes absolutely nothing. If I get more than 5 responses I will shit my pants and post the pictures for you to see.

Edited by jon

How about notifying a rule violater that they are on probation and only get 2 or 3 or 4 posts a day that will be subject to edits and deletions? This gives them a chance to present their side in an "acceptable" way while at the same time encourages them to think it over carefully before wasting a post.

BAN ME BEFORE I SPRAY AGAIN!!!!1

oops sorry.

OK for reals now. I think moderators should be the users with the highest post counts. boxing_smiley.gif At the moment this would be:

Dru

Iain

[Cpt Caveman would be here if not banned]

Greg_W

catbirdseat

muffy

DFA

One could hardly imagine a more diverse group than that.

... but in the spirit of being Seattle everyone does a good job complaining about something/everything but never offers a well described alternative or solution.

Monorail!

[Lyle Lanley] Well sir, there's nothin' on earth like a genuine, bonafide, electrified, six-car monorail!

What'd I say?

[Ned Flanders] Monorail!

[Lyle] What's it called?

[Patty & Selma] Monorail

[Lyle] That's right, monorail!

[All chant] Monorail, monorail, monorail...

[Ms Hoover] I hear those things are awfully loud

[Lyle] It glides as softly as a cloud

[Apu] Is there a chance the track could bend?

[Lyle] Not on your life, my Hindu friend

[barney] What about us braindead slobs?

[Lyle] You'll be given cushy jobs

[Grampa] Were you sent here by the devil?

[Lyle] No, good sir, I'm on the level

[Chief Wiggum] The ring came off my pudding can

[Lyle] Take my pen knife, my good man

I swear it's Springfield's only choice

Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Monorail!

What's it called?

Monorail!

Once again!

Monorail!

[Marge] But Main Street's still all cracked and broken

[bart] Sorry, mom, the mob has spoken

[All] Monorail! Monorail!

Monorail!

Monorail!

[Homer] Mono- d'oh!

Trask says (in so many words) that he disapproves of the why in which minx has been "over-moderating".

cbs- please send trask my undying affection and then asking him what moderation i've been doing? i haven't banned anybody(not that i don't support it) and in the last month i've deleted precisely one post.

The REAL skinny: Direct quotes from a moderator (nameless) to Bone:

Emailed to me by one of the Moderators:

"I think you should have been banned during your hate spree a week or two ago. Probably lots of mods agreed with that. It just took a catalyst (Caveman spewing threats) for anyone to actually push the button. Consider it a delayed response."

"If it was up to me (if it was my website) you would have been banned earlier. Caveman was not the reason you were banned. I think the sentiment was there already. Caveman's outburst just ended your holiday."

Apparently I was banned because Caveman threatened people...go figure...

Bone

madgo_ron.gifthumbs_down.gif This is total BS. I wish I know who wrote this and then I'd like to confront them at the Rope Up this coming weekend. Not in Gottermurung way, but a justification is definatley required with these comments.