pope

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm in the mood to fan the flames grin.gif

hey fairweather and whomever else, i didn't ban anybody in question. in fact i don't think i've banned anybody except another avatar of someone who'd already been banned. the fact that you think *i* am systematically banning conservatives is the biggest joke ever. of all the moderators, i am the least likely to ban anybody; edit a post; or delete anything.

the only person i've harped on about reading comprehension is harpell. we tolerate all sorts of personal attacks anyway. just not physical ones.

no go have yourselves a super ducky day! wave.gif

What I see as setting Gottermoron apart from all these others is that he made nu-me-rous threats of violence against people on this site. And whether or not he was "joking" (and I'm sure some of you will rush to his defense in claiming that) .... he's seemingly too young, stupid, or ignorant to know that the law doesn't differentiate much between a threat and the actual act.

Yeh that kind of bullshit, in my mind, is one of the few, if not the only, reason(s) to ban someone. Seems kinda silly that someone was banned for their statements on wilderness bolting.. tho I didn't read the actual threads and their wordings of whatever.

Double E, you're full of shit. Gotterdamerung hasn't threatened anyone lately. Since he's been back in his current form, he's been a pretty good contributor. I have appreciated his candor and insight on the situation in Iraq. I think he adds something to the discussion here that is necessary. Unfortunately, I think that both he and Caveman were victims of a hair-trigger and getting too close to someone's personal agenda. So much for tolerance of the opposing view by the Left.

Double E, you're full of shit. Gotterdamerung hasn't threatened anyone lately. Since he's been back in his current form, he's been a pretty good contributor. I have appreciated his candor and insight on the situation in Iraq. I think he adds something to the discussion here that is necessary. Unfortunately, I think that both he and Caveman were victims of a hair-trigger and getting too close to someone's personal agenda. So much for tolerance of the opposing view by the Left.

greg, he may have added some very good insight into the situation in iraq (which i appreciated). He let his own personal agenda run away with him. (no i'm not talking politics) I cannot fathom why you and fairweather seem so intent on putting this off on political views. it's not about that. if that were the case you'd have been gone for good long ago. so would fairweather for that matter.

I'm saying he was fairly well moderated, on his own. It IS apparent that he ruffled some feathers of some INDIVIDUALS who are moderators and THAT is why he was banned. It's happened before and it will happen again. Those with "power" will abuse it to meet their personal gain/agenda. It appears that this has happened yet again. And, yes, it does seem to happen with the more "liberal" individuals on this site, who happen to be moderators, as well.

I have been banned, minx, on several occasions, and you know it. And you know the circumstances. I'm sure this could be talked in circles; which I'm sure it will.

Greg_W

As the Horsecock Turns...

One Horsecock to Live...

All My Horsecock...

General Horsecockital...

Guiding Horsecock...

The Bold and the Horsecockiful...

The Horsecock and the Restless...

I make no judgments [yet] but here are gotterdamerung's last posts: Click Here

(Granted, it may not have been something he said in a post that got him in trouble.)

Why shouldn't they ban conservatives? You guys took the whitehouse and congress with only 30% of the voters supporting republicans or fascists or whatever they are these days. You banned voters from getting to the polls in Florida. You banned teh democratic process from playing out by passing it to the supreme court prematurely.

I say BAN the conservatives! Why NOT?

Moore gives the figure of 30%. That part is pure troll though he may be accurate, who really knows? Everyone knows about the police roadblocks preventing low income neighborhoods (largely democratic) from getting to the polls. Some refuse to admitt it is true. I seriously believe it because I have friends who saw them in effect.

Aren't you supposed to be banned by now? the_finger.gif

Does anyone besides the moderators advocate for the banning of any of these four individuals? I have seen no evidence that anyone has a problem with these guys aside from the moderators, which strikes me as odd. If you are trying to develop a sense of community here, then why ban on the whim of the moderators rather than the intentions of the community as a whole?

I've noticed a marked attempt on the parts of cavey and gotter to engage in civil debate and reign in their threats. Potty-mouth and name-calling is something virtually everyone on here is guilty of. Mervs tirades are tiresome and boring/repetitive but so what? He adds flavor to the soup. Lambone's tirades were fun to watch as well.

Banning sucks.

Well said Rob.

It's seeing crap like this (banning people) that has led to me contributing less and less to this site over the last couple of years.

That's a pretty fucking trite stance to take when it's pretty obvious that ire has been raised on both sides. This whole thing is bullshit. Tame, tame, tame compared to latter day standards. I thought the discussions were going great; there's always a little spray in bolting discussions, with the mod dropping bombs taking the high ground. Live with it or fuck off; that's what it comes down to. It's jonny's sandbox and he can take his football and go home whenever he wants, plain and simple. No judgement, that's just the way it is. In the end, when it's all fucked up and jon loses advertisers and has to shut down, someone will hijack another site just to blame jon for letting his site get shut down. Poor guy. I'm sure he'll end up slumped over his computer in a lime green sweatsuit from Valu Village completely sloshed from drinking too much Bacardi and lime.