Merv and Lambone booted?

pope

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone besides the moderators advocate for the banning of any of these four individuals? I have seen no evidence that anyone has a problem with these guys aside from the moderators, which strikes me as odd. If you are trying to develop a sense of community here, then why ban on the whim of the moderators rather than the intentions of the community as a whole?

I've noticed a marked attempt on the parts of cavey and gotter to engage in civil debate and reign in their threats. Potty-mouth and name-calling is something virtually everyone on here is guilty of. Mervs tirades are tiresome and boring/repetitive but so what? He adds flavor to the soup. Lambone's tirades were fun to watch as well.

Banning sucks.

I saw this card today and it made me think of cc.com and get- worked -up -over- nothing threads like these. God, who gives a shit? confused.gif

Anyway click on the attachment... cantfocus.gif

It reminds me of a great quote from a wise man too:

"Get a life!" - William Shatner to the trekkies. SNL. fruit.gif

397862-poochfight.jpg.de76f0c3a82ca4c81a97bb9a8102a8d5.jpg

OMFG I can't believe I read all this! Do people really have this much to say about this? It would suck to be banned. Those folks seemed to relish participating on cc.com, so they probably felt a loss when they got banned, GotdamnI'myoung's vituperative rants aside (I just wanted to use the word vituperative. I hope I didn't screw that up!)

I find irony in that the two most left-minded moderators on this site, Minx and MattP, seem to be systematically banning most of the more outspoken and conservative voices on this board. Is this a microcosm of the liberal mindset in today's society?? I certainly don't see right-thinking Peter Puget or JayB banning anyone!

Does anyone else see it? BTW, Minx, your constant harping about peoples "reading comprehension" is grating, and one might say, a personal attack. You should try to mix up your insults occasionally. I sincerely don't think you were cut out for this line of work.

MattP, you could learn a bit of tolerance from your like-minded friend and fellow moderator, OffWhite. I don't like 75% of what the guy believes, nor he, I. But the man ain't banning everyone who says chop and bolt in the same sentence. I'm likely wasting my breath as self re-evaluation doesn't seem to be one of your strong suits.

I had the pleasure of mountain biking with both Gotterdamerung and Captain Caveman this past Sunday. They both seemed to be outstanding people whom I would enjoy climbing with....which is more than I can say for certain moderators on this site.

Edited by Fairweather

Trask
That'd be me.

Dwayner
And me.

mikeadam
I think I did at least once.

Merv
Yes.

Gotterdamerung
Wow not me.

Caveman
At least twice.

Fairweather, am I a liberal? Because I'm not even sure. LOL Whatever happened with that manifesto thing you posted btw?

Hey Shuldt, you weak kneed apologist you ever hear this little ditty?:

First they came for the Jews

And I did not speak out –

Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the communists

Because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

Because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me –

And there was no-one left

To speak out for me.

Well guess what pal, you folks with the spelling abililty of third graders are next!

ahhh shit and i just ordered my 2nd set of "hooked on phonic's" tapes... cry.gif

I find irony in that the two most left-minded moderators on this site, Minx and MattP, seem to be systematically banning most of the more outspoken and conservative voices on this board. Is this a microcosm of the liberal mindset in today's society?? I certainly don't see right-thinking Peter Puget or JayB banning anyone!

MattP, you could learn a bit of tolerance from your like-minded friend and fellow moderator, OffWhite. I don't like 75% of what the guy believes, nor he, I. But the man ain't banning everyone who says chop and bolt in the same sentence. I'm likely wasting my breath as self re-evaluation doesn't seem to be one of your strong suits.

I had the pleasure of mountain biking with both Gotterdamerung and Captain Caveman this past Sunday. They both seemed to be outstanding people whom I would enjoy climbing with....which is more than I can say for certain moderators on this site.

Hey OFF...could you ban me PLEASE? Just for a laugh! And Bug too....we'll do it in the name of Cavey laugh.gif Just for a few hours....I wanna be able to say I was banned coz its KEWL TO BE BANNED! wave.gif

Hey OFF...could you ban me PLEASE? Just for a laugh! And Bug too....we'll do it in the name of Cavey laugh.gif Just for a few hours....I wanna be able to say I was banned coz its KEWL TO BE BANNED! wave.gif

Then I am Miles fucking Davis.

now tell me these aren't fieken kewl!

Back in the day....

banned.gif

and....

banned.jpg

MmmmMmmm Good!

bbw_kids_poster2003.gif

New logo for those banned business cards....

bbg-logo.gif

We've got (L to R) Cavey, Lambone, Merv, and unknown banned person number 4

Banned.jpg

For people who read this thread...

cover-banned.gif

And lastly, this got me banned from PBS..

banned%20from%20PBS.JPG

wave.gif