Merv and Lambone booted?

pope

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact of the matter is most of you people don't know how much goes into running this website, not from just Tim or I, but from the moderators as well. While I'm sure you all would like to think that the reason we have "secret" moderator forum is for us to talk about all you guys, the reality is that everyone in the moderator group would rather talk about things involved in running the website, like site improvements and such. Thing is, recently we have been spending too much time babysitting and discussing people, not because we want to but because we have to. If you are being talked about in the moderator forum it is of your own making. Every single person who has been banned on this website has been done so in a manner where more attention and consideration was taken into our actions than they ever did with their own. Most of you take the ignorant opinion that we are banning people because of their opinion on a subject, which is absolutely not true, we all have different views on bolting and everything in between, but what we all agree on is that this place isn't a platform for someone's cause and certainly a place where you can be an asshole to everyone. There are too many climbers out there for us to screw around constantly babysitting users that have had no positive impact on this website, even after 4 years of use. In the case of the 4 people who were just banned, every single one of the individuals expressed how much this site sucks, all are long time members and knew what and wasn't acceptable, and some of them has been saying how much this site sucks for the past four years. So guess what, we showed them the door. End of discussion.

Hey Shuldt, you weak kneed apologist you ever hear this little ditty?:

First they came for the Jews

And I did not speak out –

Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the communists

Because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists

Because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me –

And there was no-one left

To speak out for me.

Well guess what pal, you folks with the spelling abililty of third graders are next!

Every single person who has been banned on this website has been done so in a manner where more attention and consideration was taken into our actions than they ever did with their own.

That's pretty much bullshit. I was banned for simply using the wave.gif emoticon scores of times in one night. I was banned 1- seconds after the use of the emoticon. Did you guys have an indept discussion about that one? rolleyes.gif

Scott, posting here isn't a right. I'm pretty sure everyone who has ever been banned has thought it is bullshit, so your not alone, and everyone seems to hone it in on one event that seems completely benign as the sole reason they got the boot. Hey, look on the bright side, you are still able to post!

Scott, posting here isn't a right. I'm pretty sure everyone who has ever been banned has thought it is bullshit, so your not alone, and everyone seems to hone it in on one event that seems completely benign as the sole reason they got the boot. Hey, look on the bright side, you are still able to post!

Jon... i totally agree with you... but for minx to say that she has some inside shit... well she better spill it... because that is B.S. You are well within your rights to shit-can anyone... but when minx says she has this inside info... and can't tell us what it is... that is pretty shitty defamation by implication.

Jon... i totally agree with you... but for minx to say that she has some inside shit... well she better spill it... because that is B.S. You are well within your rights to shit-can anyone... but when minx says she has this inside info... and can't tell us what it is... that is pretty shitty defamation by implication.

I disagree, Scott. She is under no obligation to share her shit with you. Period. Suck it up or leave. I think that banning Lambone was a mercy-killing (he was trying to get banned, by his own admission). Merv was just a fuck-nut. Fern's bullshit about banning Cavey is just that: bullshit. What a fucking joke. I read all of Caveman's posts in that thread, and he was being very civil. The fact that he stepped on a few toes regarding wilderness bolting (which happens) and someone's buddy/gear hookup is no reason to be banned. But, that's how it goes around here: you can get banned (without warning) for simply mentioning someone's girlfriend (it happens). Why Gotterdamerung got banned, I'll never know. He was nice and civil but, again, he slighted some moderator's buddy. Oops, bad boys...tsk, tsk.

Greg_W

"after reading this bit by caveman, i'd like to propose to him that there are several facts about the pro ski situation he does not know. "

scott- that's exactly what i posted. i don't know why you think i am under any obligation to share any thing with you or further that i have any specific information. perhaps, i just suspect that there is more to the story than caveman has heard.

further, some things aren't meant for public consumption. implication or not.

i can't discuss it with him b/c he pulled a chickenshit move and slammed me w/o ever even contacting me. my e-mail address is available. that doesn't mean i am going to/or should discuss it you.

just b/c you want your gossip doesn't mean you have a right to it. you can go be a little gossipmonger someplace else.

Edited by minx

just b/c you want your gossip doesn't mean you have a right to it. you can go be a little gossipmonger someplace else.

I am not the one implying that someone did something no-one else knows about. That is gossiping. Any moderator that can call someone else a gossper is waiting for a tea-kettle-black-bitchslap. I have seen the shit that is on your private forum. You have no room to talk. wave.gif

Why Gotterdamerung got banned, I'll never know. He was nice and civil but, again, he slighted some moderator's buddy. Oops, bad boys...tsk, tsk.

Greg. You're crazy.

Gottedamerung, from most of his posts I've read, seemed to be a cowardly, hateful, sociopathic individual. Civility was apparently no where even remotely connected to his worldview.

Minx, Get off your power trip and quit posting stupid shit that no one cares about. You are supposed to be a moderator so you STFU and moderate. This does not mean posting 10 times in a spray category, it means to moderate. You read and edit or ban if need be, but quit posting. That is not your job if you are true moderator. That goes for the rest of you. I think if you are moderator you do not have the power to post your worthless bile unless you need to get out information, which MattP does very well at. Minx, get outside and actually climb for a change. Maybe it will bring you back to reality, instead of acting like some bitch cop with a power complex.

ryland-

i was going to handle this via PM but it seems that this would be more appropriate given your tone.

i'll post in my capacity as a moderator when i think it's appropriate. in truth, i find that spray doesn't need much moderating. no one seems to care about the little bit i do which means it's working right. so yeah most of the time i do stfu and moderate. today, h/e, i am posting on this thread. being a moderator here doesn't require that i don't post. you'll note that most days i don't post much. some days if i have some free time and i'm feeling fiesty i will. deal with it. i try not to engage in controversial things in forums in which i have moderation powers.

as for how much and when i'll climb. that's my problem not yours.

that's all the justification i'm doing today. see ya.