Merv and Lambone booted?

pope

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...as for the powerdrilling stuff. it's the manner not that message that's the issue.

Can you give me one of his posts that illustrate this "manner"???

As opposed to his usual "i'll hunt you down and settle this w/ my fists" i thought he was exceptionally civil...

don't be so sure it was over his bolting posts. and don't think any of this was over one thing recently. many things recently.

when caveman has the balls to take up his issues with me personally (my e-mail is available in my profile) then i might have more to say on the subject.

fair enough...

If bolting is not the "message" and the manner to which you are referring to in your post, perhaps you should put the reason out there OR say nothing at all...otherwise, i think most people will draw the same conclusions that i have...especially when the coincidence of his disappearing along w/ "Merv" and the fights w/ Lambone is pretty striking...

when someone gets pulled, if you don't explain yourselves carefully, you give the impression that you'd better agree w/ the mods or you are gonna get the axe. If that's the way it is, then fine people will understand where they stand.

Edited by RuMR

When a honeybee hive is attacked the honeybees sting the attacker. They save the hive but they also die themselves, cause the stinging rips their guts out.

What if this was adopted on cc.com so whever a moderator banned someone, they also banned themselves? Sort of a "take one for the team" sacrifice.

i'd like to propose to him that there are several facts about the pro ski situation he does not know

don't think any of this was over one thing recently.

If you have something to say to this "community"... fucking spit it out. Don't be vague about it... if he deserved the banning, then let er rip... Don't imply that he did something... did he do it or not? Spit it out.

scott- do you have a reading comprehension problem????

i said there'd be a public comment on it soon (at least i think there will be) honestly, i stay largely out of the banning talk b/c i only really follow spray closely. i pick and choose my topics in the other forums therefore i miss a lot of stuff that goes on. i think that people who have more specific complaints than i do should make the public statement.

if you'd like a brief though:

see lambones behaviour in spray regarding moderators/bolts/banning.

merv will shout over anybody and repeatedly ruined good discussions on bolting after repeatedly being asked to tone it down and agreeing that he would

caveman--i'm pissed right now so i shouldn't comment.

gotterdamerung--picked a fight over a personal vendetta. given the sum total of his behaviour call it the last straw.

I banned caveman because he called someone a scrawny fucker that he would snap like a twig. if ray wants to discuss this with me my email address is (my name first and last no spaces) at hotmail.com . If you don't know my last name then ask one of our mutual friends.

I banned caveman because he called someone a scrawny fucker that he would snap like a twig. if ray wants to discuss this with me my email address is (my name first and last no spaces) at hotmail.com . If you don't know my last name then ask one of our mutual friends.

Give me a fucking break. How many people have done the same thing to Cavey? Did you ban them? Just because Cavey is capable of backing up his shit talk you jump on him? I told Cracked that I was gonna break him like a twig when he was supposed to meet me at Index for our throwdown and I didn't get banned... Wait... what did I get banned for again... oh yeah....

wave.gif

rolleyes.gif

scott since this is spray i'll say it like i think it. you can kiss my lilly white moon.gif

do you have a reading comprehension problem.

a)did you read fern's post??? i didn't deal with the caveman situation. do think every moderator handles every forum?? i'm irritated with him over something else therefore i thought i should hold my tongue.

b)i did post a brief public summary. frankly that should be enough of a comment.

c) there might be something from other people/another person better positioned to comment. frankly, you're lucky to be getting any explanation at all.

do you have a reading comprehension problem.

Nope... I can read right through your bullshit

a)did you read fern's post??? i didn't deal with the caveman situation. do think every moderator handles every forum?? i'm irritated with him over something else therefore i thought i should hold my tongue.

So... shut the fuck up already.

b)i did post a brief public summary. frankly that should be enough of a comment.

...and implie you knew some 'other' shit... which when you were pressed on... we found out you were full of shit.

c) there might be something from other people/another person better positioned to comment. frankly, you're lucky to be getting any explanation at all.

Thanks babes. wave.gif

... frankly, you're lucky to be getting any explanation at all.

I'm not trying to dogpile you, but this is bullshit...i recognize that this is a private site, hence you folks in control can do anything your, hmmm lilly white asses, feel like...BUT, what has separated this site from other dry mundane climbing centered sites is the lively spray and discussions going on...part of which is brought on by antagonistic behavior. believe me, i frequent other boards as well, but this is the only one i participate in.

Now, if you (the collective moderators) don't give some kind of explanation as to what got someone banned, you run the risk of coming across as heavy handed and will wind up crushing the "spirit" of this site. That is fine, its your perogative and your site...go ahead and take your football and go home with it...

YOU ALL KNOW I DISAGREE W/ 90% of MERV'S BS, but i don't think he should be banned for what i saw.

Also, as an aside, the reasons you put up are fair enough...you don't need to go into a super level of detail...

rumr-

you're right in part. and when asked, there is generally an explanation given for a banning whether you agree with it or not is another matter. a good portion of the time no explanation is needed.

i just don't feel that scott personally is entitled to an explanation any sooner than anybody else.

scott,

again, babe, i implied that i was pissed at him ok, really minorly annoyed. that's all i didn't imply that there was anything deeper going on. or that i had something on him. man--you really are a drama queen aren't you?

i'd like to propose to him that there are several facts about the pro ski situation he does not know

don't think any of this was over one thing recently.

I would say you were implying something there... if the only thing you know about this is that you are pissed about it... then why are you talking about it? Geek_em8.gif