FS: K2 8611 Ascent's (174cm) w/ Silvretta 500's

Coondog

Superlight randonne kit. Bought last fall. Used 5 times.

If i recall correctly the Silvrettas are the 'Standard' size intended for foot sizes roughly 8-12... I've skied them with my leathers, plastics, rand & downhill boots and had no boot/binding fit issues.

Cheapest prices I've seen are $350 for these Ascents (I've seen older years cheaper, but these are last years) and $190 for the Silvrettas. Since I've skied them 5 times I'll ask $450.

Will post pic if / when I can borrow a digital camera. Live in Seattle (Greenlake) and can show them if you're interested.

PM if int'd -- Thanks.

<K2 shpiel on 8611 Ascents (oooh, "MOD" technology)>

In Europe, alpine touring is king. And it's there that the 8611 Ascent, named after the height of the Himalayan giant, K2 (measured in meters), was ranked the #1 randonnee ski in the most recent European magazine test. It features a 70mm waist and a 14.0 sidecut for versatility, and stacks of carbon fiber put it in the bantamweight class. The stiffness has been increased to meet the demands of a locked down heel and alpine turn. Dimensions: 102/70/91. Weight: 1550 grams. Construction: Triaxial Braided Torsion Box cap, lightweight wood core. Features: MOD Technology. Target Performance: Aspiring carver, 50% groomed / 50% ungroomed. Sizes: 153, 160, 167, 174, 181cm.

<Silvretta 500 shpiel>

The 500 is the most versatile AT Binding available on the market today. Its unique toe/heel bail combination make it compatible with virtually any boot-AT, alpine, tele, mountaineering, be it leather or plastic. Bomb-proof design and construction have made it a favorite of ice climbers and mountaineers for years. It’s DIN rating and solid performance have won over skiers of the highest caliber. Tough carbon-fiber frame provides super lightweight durability. Super easy entry and exit. Two position heel elevators keep you comfortably on your toes on those long uphills. Available crampons and brakes can be used simultaneously.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...