Anybody Seen this?

jordop

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The "individual" was me, jordop. Picture taken from Damnation Peak last winter. It is West Face of Thornton. Just as you were with this picture, I was impressed with this face. I was thinking more along the lines of a summer rock climb. Colin may be thinking winter. Either one is doable. Go up Damnation Creek overgrown road (not so bad) to base of rock (about 3-4 hours), climb to top, then descend to Thornton Lakes, then back along trail to trailhead for a nice loop. The Damnation Creek Road cuts off from Thornton Lakes Road a couple miles before the end, so you'd want a bike probably. Or, you could run the long South Ridge all the way back to the Damnation Creek Road junction. A long way.

The "individual" was me, jordop. Picture taken from Damnation Peak last winter. It is West Face of Thornton. Just as you were with this picture, I was impressed with this face. I was thinking more along the lines of a summer rock climb. Colin may be thinking winter. Either one is doable. Go up Damnation Creek overgrown road (not so bad) to base of rock (about 3-4 hours), climb to top, then descend to Thornton Lakes, then back along trail to trailhead for a nice loop. The Damnation Creek Road cuts off from Thornton Lakes Road a couple miles before the end, so you'd want a bike probably. Or, you could run the long South Ridge all the way back to the Damnation Creek Road junction. A long way.

Yes, I know it was you and you were supposed to keep quiet cry.giftongue.gif