• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Climzalot

AT Setup - Havoc vs. Pocket Rocket

Saw some Norbert Joos for $200 +/- at the Gart Sports off exit 124 or something close to that off I-5 just south of Tacoma on the way back from PDX last Sat. Also had some REAL cheap Volant Machetes >$200 that weighed a frigging ton. It was right before a big sale, so who knows what's left. Was looking for something fatter than the Joos, but way lighter than the Machetes, so I bought nothing.

Hey- what about the Volkl Outbacks? I found a pair of those for $350 that look like they could be pretty nice. Are they the predecessors of the Norbert Jooses?

found this somewhere: "Volkl's Outback is an ultramodern touring ski - very versatile in all snow conditions. With a slightly larger 105-70-93 sidecut than the Norbert Joos the Outback packs plenty of punch without being difficult to control when conditions get tricky- a reliable and fun all mountain ski than can be mounted with AT or tele bindings." i think the outback is the predecessor. norbert joos probably had it tweaked to his liking and then put his name on it, but i could be wrong. don't have time to try to find out for sure. the norbert joos also has some kind of supposedly super-special skins and skin attachment system but i know nothing about that. you'll learn to ski whatever skis you end up with really; just pick one you think will work based on your research and gut feelings and go from there. thumbs_up.gif

Is somthing wrong with me...I tour on bigstix106 and Legend Pros-- weight is a non issue, I want preformance.

Tour? Or Hike for turns?

Is somthing wrong with me...I tour on bigstix106 and Legend Pros-- weight is a non issue, I want preformance.

Tour? Or Hike for turns?

You mean tour for straightlines?

BUSTED!!! Im suprised no one asked me how I walk around with 2 pairs of skis on my feet.

Yea I hike for turns. But still, I suffer more on the way up and enjoy it more on the way down.