AT Setup - Havoc vs. Pocket Rocket

Climzalot

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw some Norbert Joos for $200 +/- at the Gart Sports off exit 124 or something close to that off I-5 just south of Tacoma on the way back from PDX last Sat. Also had some REAL cheap Volant Machetes >$200 that weighed a frigging ton. It was right before a big sale, so who knows what's left. Was looking for something fatter than the Joos, but way lighter than the Machetes, so I bought nothing.

found this somewhere: "Volkl's Outback is an ultramodern touring ski - very versatile in all snow conditions. With a slightly larger 105-70-93 sidecut than the Norbert Joos the Outback packs plenty of punch without being difficult to control when conditions get tricky- a reliable and fun all mountain ski than can be mounted with AT or tele bindings." i think the outback is the predecessor. norbert joos probably had it tweaked to his liking and then put his name on it, but i could be wrong. don't have time to try to find out for sure. the norbert joos also has some kind of supposedly super-special skins and skin attachment system but i know nothing about that. you'll learn to ski whatever skis you end up with really; just pick one you think will work based on your research and gut feelings and go from there. thumbs_up.gif