Rainer routes, summer of '04

dlofgren

Did anyone in the cc.com family climb any of the lesser-known routes like Tahoma HW or Cleaver, Edmunds HW, CMF, Liberty HW, etc.?

DonnV shared an awesome TR of his ascent of Sunset Ridge.

Any others out there that did one of the routes mentioned but never said anything?

My reason for asking: I was hoping to do one or more of the routes on the West side this summer, but was laid up by knee surgery. High hopes for next summer, though. Pun intended.

Anyway, I'd love to get the beta on any of those routes from your TR. Write away!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

TTT -

I read those before I posted, and enjoyed reading about their experiences.

Also, I certainly didn't mean to imply that the standard routes suck. I've been up'em, and enjoyed'em, and will be back up'em.

Simply interested in hearing about the Rainier "paths less traveled". At my age I only have a few years of mountaineering left, and want to tick a few more routes off my hit list before the knees, back, head, etc. give out, and it's always nice to hear about them first-hand.

MN - "loff - gren" Same as Stefan Lofgren, the ranger. (nephew) Ja, shure, yewbetcha!