Obs rock 9/16 picket lost

gearho

Partner came up and I asked for the picket for the next belay (as there is only about 20 feet of ice at the top)and he told me it came off and slid down the face and stopped on the rocks. Marked "BH" and has a nice double mammut tape sling thing on it. Weather not cooperating for the time being to get it.

-B

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to turn this into a TR, but, there was new snow but the wind take it off pretty quick. The mote at the summit area was filled in, or correctly, filled over with fresh powder. I was standing out of the wind and my partner came up and dropped in a few feet. He got pissed at the hole so he pissed in the hole. When re-organizing his stuff the wind blew his bag of dry stuff into the hole. He had to go face first into the piss hole! I looked over and saw his knees crampons sticking out as the bag went further into the hole. Another inch and it would have been retrieved next year.

There will be a water bottle in the same area I understand. That belongs to Sunny.

-B