INTEL - things not going well in Iraq

Jim

Was looking for partner, noticed INTEL, clicked and got this thread...

Well, cannot resist. "..war is an inappropriate tool for winning hearts and minds" you say? Well, I think you're living in isolation. I am afraid enough hearts and minds are won already to re-elect the &^%(&(*)& dude. Millenia-old trick...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was looking for partner, noticed INTEL, clicked and got this thread...

Well, cannot resist. "..war is an inappropriate tool for winning hearts and minds" you say? Well, I think you're living in isolation. I am afraid enough hearts and minds are won already to re-elect the &^%(&(*)& dude. Millenia-old trick...

Hartunon,

I wasn't referring to the masses of Bush supporters on this side of the big water. However, I understand your implication. There is no doubt in my head that a number of people are seriously deluded about the conditions that exist in Iraq and unfortunately our President elect is one of them. I prefer to let my actions state my position rather than my words, but as usual I come here seeking some sort of balance in the opinions of those that do not hold my views. I am moderate compared to a lot of my friends. In fact I would be considered liberal compared to some people I know. The fact is that the war in Iraq cannot be won at this point by continuing down the path we are taking. I have heard some better men than myself claim otherwise, but in the end I think they are wrong and events will show that.

Kimmo,

No. Like a lot of people I did not really see the connection between 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq. I understand the strategic initiative and the compelling financial reasons behind it. Do I think it's been worth even one American's life? No. Was Saddam a threat? Maybe..who knows...did WMD exist? Probably, but the UN made it too easy for them to be disposed of before we could get our hands on them.

I went to Iraq because it was the right thing to do. I'm glad that I went there. I lost some friends there. Will I be going back at this point? I don't think so.