Ski the Haute Route in April

kdewit

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot of pre-planning needed, but you might want to make reservations for your first few huts. It can get pretty crowded in April. I don't know how common it is, but the Chanrion Hut did turn some skiers away the night we stayed there.

You may be familiar with the route etc., but I found the Cosley/Houston site to be a great resource.

Oh oh, I'd be interested if the boss (wife) lets me go smile.gif... And I am a native French speaker, in case there's no other one on your trip.

Plane tickets should be around $400, maybe a bit more. I'll ask my wife, she knows prices month by month smile.gif If the trip started in March, then we could wait for SAS to do their usual Christmas promotion where you can fly there for $249 plus taxes. Could fly to Milan and drive to Cham, or fly to Paris and take something else.

drC

Two others and I have booked Cosley& Houston guides for Haute Route trip April 20th.

April 03 we ran into Mark & Kathy twice on the trains. Thanked them for the use of their website - seemed like nice folks. You should have a great experience with them.