fakes

Peter_Puget

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly my point regarding the Dems...a few well worn talking points do not a campaign make. What can explain such incompetence?

A few talking points? Such as the republican platform? 9/11...terrorism...9/11...scare...9/11...boo!...terrorism...saddam...terrorism...9/11...ouch!...terrorism...lookout!!...watch your back!!!....9/11...terrorism...9/11...they are coming for you!!

Now that's a pathetic campaign.

You want pathetic? How about:

I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts. I'm not Bush. I won three purple hearts.

hahaha.gif

Why is it OUR countries job to hand out money? If we're going to be altruistic (involuntary shudder), why not start at home?

i do, not money (can't give what i don't have) but i make pb&j's and give em to the homeless folks on the corners in town. and i've taught whole piles of people how to climb rolleyes.gif

but really our gov't is way bigger now than in the clinton years, explain that.

Why is it OUR countries job to hand out money? If we're going to be altruistic (involuntary shudder), why not start at home?

i do, not money (can't give what i don't have) but i make pb&j's and give em to the homeless folks on the corners in town. and i've taught whole piles of people how to climb rolleyes.gif

but really our gov't is way bigger now than in the clinton years, explain that.

EXACTLY!! bDubya, this is just what I'm talking about: Individual choice. I try and help out homeless people if I have food in my truck, but forced charity isn't charity; it's extortion and redistribution.

I don't like what GWB has done to the government over the past four years; I blame Congress more than GWB. I don't think Kerry will reverse that trend, though. All the promises he's making need budgets that have to come from somewhere (or should I say "someone").

The difference is where the money goes. Under W it's been a funnel directly to the upper crust from whence he came. Big tax cuts, big government via military and security, big programs such as the perscription drug deal that helps the drug companies more than the little guy, and big-big deficits.

The dems are a bit more moderate, but not much, and will send a few crumbs to education and social services. What a thought.

I agree that money has to come from somewhere, but Bush's tax cuts won't help to fund all the programs he's promising to institute: war, more funding for college students, war, community health centers, war, tax credits for health care savings accounts (huh? tax loophole for rich folks?), war, school drug testing!?!?!? (for real), war, homeownership assistance, and war. Kerry's at least willing to look on the other side of the budget equation (revenue/taxes) in order to make government useful.

anyone who has been paying attention knows there are experts telling us the technology used to write the docs was well established in the early 70's. yet, the wingnuts categorically assert they are fakes. it just shows how much credibility they really have. to top it all they want us to swallow that whoever supposedly 'made-up' the memos didn't bother to spring 50bucks for a used early 70's typewriter but instead used MSwords hahaha.gif quite some hairbrained scheme there buddy.

of course, they also forget to tell us that much of the info contained in the memos is consistent with that of numerous other sources and what we know about the case. yet, many appear ready to jump ship on this issue; it is maddening to hear liberals fall once more for the wingnut propaganda machine. grow a spine, people.

Greg, I agree with a lot of the tenets of Old Conservatism, just not the "new" Conservatives. They blast ahead like Democrats, in my book a scary Conservative. wave.gif

"Old Conservatism" is actually "classical Liberalism". Small-government, individualists were the radicals and "liberals" when they proposed such ideas in the face of the monarchistic past. I agree on the Neo-Con thing. They're spending like Ted Kennedy on a bender. Pretty soon we'll all be like Mary Jo, at the bottom of the lake.

anyone who has been paying attention knows there are experts telling us the technology used to write the docs was well established in the early 70's. yet, the wingnuts categorically assert they are fakes. it just shows how much credibility they really have. to top it all they want us to swallow that whoever supposedly 'made-up' the memos didn't bother to spring 50bucks for a used early 70's typewriter but instead used MSwords hahaha.gif quite some hairbrained scheme there buddy.

of course, they also forget to tell us that much of the info contained in the memos is consistent with that of numerous other sources and what we know about the case. yet, many appear ready to jump ship on this issue; it is maddening to hear liberals fall once more for the wingnut propaganda machine. grow a spine, people.

They change your meds again, j_b?

Ill Vote for any one that will get rid of these stupid climbing permits. And quit running or prescious land, like they are gods and we have to be cared for.#@$%Democrats $#@& Republicans. I know that sounds shallow with all the world events .But I can take better care of the hills than these jerks!

Well said. You've got to believe that anybody (except possibly a Freshman at a third-rate college) attempting to fake these docs would make the minimal effort to match technology with the doc's creation date.

Well said. You've got to believe that anybody (except possibly a Freshman at a third-rate college) attempting to fake these docs would make the minimal effort to match technology with the doc's creation date.

Exactly! So why would Dan Rather go forward with the story? Answer: He has an agenda and let his desire for a Kerry victory usurp his journalistic integrity. (Again.)

Are you now going to claim the source of the documents is The Bush Campaign in some sort of double-reverse-gotcha'??

I don't see how you can spin this one, Pope. Time to admit dirty media bias and "move on", so to speak. grin.gif

I think what this item points out is how the media is so conservative. CBS definately laid a turd on this one and they should have said so sooner. But they got roasted, and so they should have.

Backtrack to all the false, and proven false information put out to justify the war. Where was our "liberal" press then? Not a peep. Just goes to show how the conservative press lies low.

Read the news today? grin.gif

_1607825_ratherafp150.jpg

MY BAD!!!!! yelrotflmao.gif

Rather is a fake! Fakes should lose their job.

And quoting from a letter to the editor by Steven Garrett:

How did GW Bush get rich?

"In 1989, Bush bought into the Texas RAngers with $600,00 he received from selling Harken Energy stock (to a STILL undisclosed buyer) just before Harken went bankrupt. As the managing owner, he threatened to move the Rangers to St. Petersburg, Florida unless Arlington gave the owners group a new taxpayer-funded stadium. Arlington approved a sales tax hike to pay for the new facility and got the land for it through eminent domain.

When he became the goernor, Bush received $13.4 million from the sale of the Rangers. This was alsmost 10 times what his share was worth, but his partners more than recouped their losses with subsequent tax cuts. When you add this dubious way to becoming a millionaire to a pre-emptive invasion of Iraq for oil, a loss of citizens rights and wildland give-aways to corporate energy cronies, perhaps despotism is the right word."

Bush is doing right now as president what he has done all his life. He's proud all right, proud of getting away with it all.

In this time of terrorism, I wouldn't care if he was Genghis Khan, I won't vote for such a corrupt individual.

And yes, for sure, Kerry is far from the ideal choice, but that's the sad state of politics.