ticks

jennie

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 4 years I've been living in the NW, I have yet to come across a deer tick, which I believe is the most common carrier of lyme disease. There may be other ticks out here that carry the disease - if anyone has information, I'd like to know too.

If you think that you may have been exposed to lyme disease, talk to a doctor as soon as you can. I saw a doctor within a month of contracting it, and the antibiotic course they put me on seemed to take care of it fully. But I have a friend (in the midwest) who waited too long (his symptoms weren't as dramatic as mine), and years later he's suffering from debilitating pain in his back and knees.

A freind of mine was just diagnosed with chronic lyme. She's had symptoms for over a year. She had to do all the research herself and tell her doc which tests she needs. We have found many people with chronic lyme are being misdiagnosed with chronic fatigue. there is a new tick survey being done in Oregon testing for lyme. The official results should be out soon. From what I've heard so far there are quite a few ticks that carry lyme

A freind of mine was just diagnosed with chronic lyme. She's had symptoms for over a year. She had to do all the research herself and tell her doc which tests she needs. We have found many people with chronic lyme are being misdiagnosed with chronic fatigue.

That's too bad. Lyme disease has a lot of different symptoms, not all of them really obvious. Some folks just feel fatigued, others have joint pain. I was lucky because my main symptom was obvious - Bell's Palsy, where half of my face was paralyzed. Plus I knew that I had been bitten by a deer tick not long before.

Hope your friend gets some good medical care and advice.