Alcohol and nalgene

chirp

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the good single malt come in "travellers?"
Whether it comes in one or not, it can be decanted into that Jack Daniels traveler you drained on the last trip. Always a good idea to hang onto one or two empty plastic travelers for whatever you want to fill them with.

My choice for backcountry sipping is either single malt or, when funds are tight, a small batch bourbon like Knob Creek. Small batch bourbons are basically select barrel bourbons not blended with water, which regular bourbons are. Really like carrying bourbon concentrate. Wonderful right out of the bottle, but if you like don't like your bourbon quite that strong, or need to stretch the supply one more night, a bit of water thins it down to the strength of most regular bourbons.

Hmmmm. 8 AM. I wonder if it's too early......

I always use a rinsed-out plastic Gatorade or soda pop bottle for this purpose. Nalgene bottles are way heavy, 5 oz for a one liter versus 1 oz for a one liter Gatorade bottle.

'Course for a longer trip, where weight really becomes a consideration.....well, there are other lightweight alternatives out there. wink.gif