Are you ready for some football?

JGowans

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football requires tremendous levels of fitness (both strength and endurance), strategy, skill, guts and general toughness. Timing/choreography and team attitude are also critical, and without a quality coaching staff, success is nearly impossible. Football has it all. Don't like it? Have a tissue for your issue.

Krissy%20in%20a%20Kleenex%20trance!.JPG

Soccer is fun to play and significantly more fun than running wind sprints. However, as a spectator, I find the game's natural rhythm to be a cure for the insomniac: run, pass, run, pass, dribble...oops, change of possession. This is followed by run, pass, run, pass, dribble...oops, change of possession. After about twenty such cycles, the first real scoring opportunity is blown dead by an official who calls "off sides". Then it's back to the cycle: run, pass, run, pass, dribble...oops, change of possession.

You’re right, they’re not wearing pads. Weighed down by the gear American football players have to carry, I doubt your “real football” players would be running for 45 minutes. In fact it might improve the game if they were to wear pads. Then there’d be no justification for flopping on the grass every time they get bumped.

flopping on the grass every time they get bumped.

Or not bumped. hellno3d.gif

But don't try to tell me that football players don't also act. Encroachment, false start, pass interference, holding, you name it...

And another thing, why the hell do they have 67 or whatever players on the sidelines for a 22-man game. What, aren't there enough breaks in the game for people to rest? (60min playing time = 3hrs real time rolleyes.gif) There's what, 25 guys on a rugby team for 15 positions, they play offense AND defense, and an 80-minute game lasts less than 2 hours.

Then there’d be no justification for flopping on the grass every time they get bumped.

Ah..but you must be watching MLS soccer then...that would explain the b o r i n g run, pass, flop....see, those guys grew up watching NFL and then decided to play the real futbol. Switch over to non American futbol sometime...nothing boring about that. Hay Pope...let's meet on the pitch sometime sans pads and see who flops? T'wont be me wink.gifwink.gif

• 5 weeks later...