Latest World Cup qualifier results

JGowans

Scotland 0 - Slovenia 0

-We're shite and we know we're shite. I wish they'd fuckin' fire Berti Vogts. What's a German doing coaching a bunch of Scots anyway?

Poland 1 - England 2

- Lucky English bastards. My wife will be pissed off now too.

Wales 2 - Rep. Ireland 2

- Quite a night in Cardiff. Three red cards and 4 goals.

Switzerland 1 - N. Ireland 1

- Decent result for the Irish after the heavy defeat at the weekend.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TORONTO (CP) - It was a matter of time before Jarome Iginla found his scoring touch.

The Calgary Flames' right-winger ended his slump with two goals as Canada rolled over Slovakia 5-0 on Wednesday night to advance to the World Cup of Hockey semifinals. Iginla scored during an outburst of four goals in a 9:20 span of the second period and added another in the third frame as Canada improved to 4-0 in the tournament.

thumbs_up.gifbigdrink.gif

Yes but in the REAL World Cup, the one that actually matters, Canada loses to Coast Rica 1-0

Sorry Ian, but the World Cup (the one I'm referring to) is actually the biggest sporting event in world...bigger even than the Olympics. Needless to say, it's bigger than the three major American sports finals that crown a world champion yet are played only by American teams. the_finger.gif

I think you're referring to the american qualifying section of the same tournament anyway...

Er, Gowans, Canada lost to Costa Rica in World Cup qualifying 1-0. THE World Cup. As in FIFA. Dru is referring to some stupid hockey tournament.

That was what I was saying. You're talking about the same tournament (FIFA world cup qualifiers) but a different section (CONCACAF [sp.] versus UEFA). I just thought I'd get my dig in on the american sports anyway smile.gif