scarpa freney, old and new

Mark_Husbands

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old Freney had a wider heel cup and the Disco XT is has a slightly narrower heel cup. Both are insulated. The Old Freney is a bit heavier 2.05Kg vs 1.8Kg (Sz42). Having tried both on I get little or no heel movement with the XT. With the Old Freney I could not get my heels locked down (which is important if you are to spend any time on your frontpoints). The size curve (length) seemed the the same for both.

I have a pair of XTs that don't fit Sz42 (8.5/9)Brand new in the box for sale check the Yard Sale.

The new Freneys are built on an anatomical last. Basically, it is curved. The idea behind that is to match the curve of your boot to the curve of your foot. Result: You might be able to find a place on the boot that is more solid to stand on; it allows your foot to sit a little more neutrally.

I have a pair (Freney Pro), but they are TOO curved for me. Tons of room on my big toe side, no room on the little toe side. I've tried on the XT and it was better on my foot than the Pro, wierd

Mine also are for sale in the Yard Sale forum (only $100, almost new)

Alan

Mark, I used to have some of the leather freneys. I wear the XT now. If I remember correct(I switched a while back) the heel cup was narrower on the XT. I think that it was a tad longer. When I wore the leathers neither heel floated on me (one foot a little longer) but when I changed I noticed a bit of heel float in the short foot. It was not much differant as a paying attention to lacing and foot placement took care of it. If you go with the XT's get ready for comments about the space boots. wink.gif Whenever I make a showing where several others are I always get asked "what kind of boots are Those?"