wanted: graphing calculator

ChrisT

He's probably in jail.

If I did what I did in highschool in this day and age, I surely would have been thrown in jail.

Like the time I wrote a simple first-person shooter using the school as the map, teachers from the yearbook as the enemies, and banana-cream pies as the weapons.

And then there was the pathetic security on the school computers...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys and your TI-85s crack me up! yellaf.gif

I learned how to use a slide rule in 1972 in the 7th grade (Dad, an engineer Geek_em8.gif before me, skewled me on it, and I read library books on the subject), and used it right up until I got a handheld TI-55 or something like that in the late 70s.

My slide rules occupy a place of honor in my office now: In a little red wooden box mounted on the wall, with a plate glass front, and a little hammer on a chain attached to the box. A note on the glass sez: "In case of battery failure, break glass." yellaf.gif

And just for perspective, my dad bought his HP-45 when they first came out in the early 70s. It could only do five functions (+,-,*,/, and %) and that little fokker cost over $450! Crikey! shocked.gif

If I was a prof these days I would line the room with tinfoil to keep the kiddies from cheating

are you saying these damn things are going wireless now? ooo.gif

Gotta love those no-calculator chemistry exams in college. "What's the big deal? Didn't you learn to estimate in preschool like everybody else?"

Yup, the newest graphing calculators use IR signals to communicate. No more hard wire to connect and transfer games and other info. Still use my almost 12 year old TI-82. Both of my daughters use TI-83plus.