Photo Gallery Upgrade

jon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru, I'll see if there is a way to make those accessable again. At the very least I can make some hack way of viewing them and if people want them in the gallery they can upload them.

IMPORTANT: I have discovered some configuration setting problems in the gallery. So, as it is set right now, there is a 300kb max size on each image which is MORE than enough. More importantly, I have set it so that the max image size is width of 800 and height of 600. If anybody sees a problem with me doing this that I have overlooked PLEASE tell me. Reason I am doing this is because our photo gallery is almost 2 gigabytes big now and it's taking up a lot of disk space, and I'm trying to lower the impact on our server speed and bandwidth. Once I figure out how to do it, I will be converting all of the images in the gallery to this smaller dimension. Again if you smart ones out there can think of something problematic about this that I have overlooked don't be afraid to PM me about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jon, I am looking at old trip reports and notice that photos from the gallery are all broken. For example from my mt. constance TR, this picture from the gallery no longer exists:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/504/14wallguys-med.jpg

I do find this one in the gallery:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/504/14wallguys.jpg

I see a bunch of TRs with this problem. Is the solution for TR owners to just go fix their links?

I don't think the owners can edit their reports any more (expired window of editing time). Also, even if we could, for some reports like the Berge one, changing the URL's would insert gigantic pictures that would make the TR pretty unreadable.

Hopefully this glitch can be fixed and we'll have all our old TR's restored.

With respect to future TR's with pictures, until something changes, I don't think the photo-gallery currently auto-resizes the pix anymore (I just tried it).

If you want your pix to be of a reasonably viewable size for either a TR or in the gallery you should submit the pictures already resized to a nice size. If you don't you will end up with something like this .

• 5 weeks later...
Is the photo gallery fucked up right now or is it just me?

whoa... I just looked for the photo gallery for a first time in a few weeks... so whassup, IS it down for a while? or is it just that it now requires a paying membership (???), and THATs why me and specialed can't see it? confused.gifwazzup.gif

are you a paying member, specialed?

btw, I haavve been meaning to contribute for a while, admins... promise... mebbe next summer, or when St. Helens blows... whichever comes sooner... grin.gif

Warning: main(main.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.gumnut/climb/cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/jchat.php on line 7

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'main.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.gumnut/climb/cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/jchat.php on line 7

• 4 weeks later...

The pictures in old TRs don't show up anymore. Is there some way to fix this?

For example, in my Backbone Ridge TR, none of the pictures show up. I resized all of my Backbone pictures with the plan to reinsert them, but the thread is too old so I can't edit it anymore. Can a mod help me with this?