I love freshiez, but this is insane...

snoboy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4700 vertical feet of hiking, 2800 vertical feet of skiing. Why are you so skeptical? The biggest descent of the season I did on July 4. I've had fantastic August and September turns. And pow starts in November. October is the only lean month, and when you're skiing 11/12 months already, why not make it 12 and have something to brag about?

There's a time and a place for everything. If you want to ski in August, September, and Rocktober you should get a plane ticket to the southern hemisphere.

I like the time off from skiing. It gives you time for other fun stuff, and it makes you appreciate the true freshiez when they get here.

Exactly. I sometimes wonder how much those kids like running gates endlessly all summer up at Timberline. I'd be so sick of skiing. The time off makes November really exciting and fun. Enjoy the sun and summer weather, there's only so much of it left this year!

isn't anyone going to spray about how many months that have in a row? that was the original topic here.

you can ski whenever you want but if you are trying to ski every month of the year for years on end you are definitely hiking far to ski crap at some point just so can you do what? spray about it, which i think is a weak reason.

if you are trying to ski every month of the year for years on end you are definitely hiking far to ski crap at some point just so can you do what? spray about it, which i think is a weak reason.

Cman, you have a very valid point however no one I know maintains a streak just for the sake of being able to maintain a streak; rather they do so because it's enjoyable. Skiing when the snow is miserable is still quite fun and it's much better then not skiing at all. Enjoyment is subjective: one man's curse is another man's freishiez dream :-)