• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whatever, the Sierras are essentially the same skiing as WA and you know it. a few good weeks, or even winters, does not make a permenant trend. The "powder" there is just like here, and the crap is just like the crap here. Personally I'll take less expensive prices as a lack of Californians and tourists.

Alpine Meados is really cool tho. Squaw is the most overrated place I have ever been however.

northstar's not the best place to ski, but i think 5 feet of freshies would make it okay. evils3d.gif

Northstar may not be the best place, but if it is the only place that you can get to or that has their lifts open, then it has to do. Hi Squaw today and agree that is somewhat overrated. But then we are supposed to get another 18+ inches tonight. w00t

Beats the hell out of what is falling (or not) back in the PNW. What did Hood get in the last 24 hours? 2 inches maybe? We have been getting that every hour or two. cantfocus.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Tonight: Brisk with snow heavy at times. Snow accumulation 8 to 14 inches...with up to 20 inches above 7000 feet. Lows 17 to 27. South winds 15 to 25 mph decreasing to up to 10 mph after midnight. Gusts up to 90 mph over ridges.

Tuesday: Snow heavy at times in the morning...snow showers likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation 8 to 12 inches...with up to 16 inches above 7000 feet. Highs 23 to 33. West winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 50 mph over ridges.

Tuesday night: Partly cloudy in the evening then clearing. Slight chance of snow showers in the evening. Lows 7 to 17. North winds up to 10 mph with gusts up to 50 mph over ridges.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny. Highs 27 to 37. West winds up to 10 mph with gusts up to 50 mph over ridges.

Wanna guess where I'll be on Wednesday?

drul 4ft was in 2 daze of snow. we've got a break now but after 9ft in a little over a week i think we are set u pretty nice.

not really concerned with trends or next season. cuz right now we've got more powder and more sunshine then washington.

all ski resorts are overrated. the only good two in the area or sugarbowl and kirkwood.

enjoy the rain!