Best Wishes

scott_harpell

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, you are head and shoulders above everyone in class. Don't you have some newspapers to read? Or at least some other thread in which to proclaim your tv-free intellectual lifestyle?

As usual Iaiaiain, you use ad hominim methods to belittle those with differing view points. Do you have cause to disagree with something I have said in this thread? If so, now is the chance. If you are merely clearing your pre-pubescent voice, we understand and will await your next squeak.

Well, it's ad hominem, but you do get some additional snobbery points for an attempt, though you try to use it too often.

Differing viewpoints? No I agree bypass surgery is pretty serious. But all I see when you make comments like those above is a snotty little brat who thinks he knows the world because he went on some college field trip to eastern Europe once. Now go back to arguing with veterans about how the Vietnam War really was. It's fairly entertaining.

What comments? Like the ones that imply that a possibly dying president should be given some respect? Oh Iain, I am so sorry for this transgression. What an asshole I am. Your attempted character assasinations have nothing to do with the fact that you are disrespecting our former leader. Please give him his due respect.

Since Bill Clinton is known for being such a humorless, brooding man, clearly the only thing to do is bow our heads and pray. If you laugh at death, one can only imagine the lack of searing existential pain that you will experience on your deathbed.

It is one thing to laugh at your own demise, but to assume the role for another seems rather tactless.

If you guys want to jump on my for standing up for a president that is in the hospital, so be it. I was just pointing out that you might want to look at weather you would feel bad if tomorrow you found out he was dead and instead of wishing him luck, you were talking about his most embarassing exploits. If you don't care, then I suppose it is your perogative, but I just thought I would add some perspective. Flame away!