Climb: NEUSPEED record, Stuart West Ridge!!!-

Date of Climb: 8/30/2004

Trip Report:

The Splits (just read the watch!!!)

ssr_start.jpg

start

ssr_summit.jpg

summit

Upon reaching the summit, we both looked to our external unbiased official timer to see if we'd broken the record....

ssr_official.jpg

thumbs up dude!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

ssr_end.jpg

you can see the excitement on my face after blasting the c2c record!!! yeah!!!!

rockband.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NASCAR and motocross are about the only worse things I can think of to call a "sport" then speed "climbing". BUT, I did learn an interesting and absolutely rediculous fact from that Dan - driven website:

"US mountain speed climbing raised to true sport status with my (Dan -) official speed records on the four tallest glaciated volcanoes in the continental US: Mt Shasta, Mt Rainier, Mt Hood, & Mt Adams. These glacier volcanoes provide the most vertical relief (elevation gain) and the greatest difficulty and challenge for a speed climber... they are the most challenging mountains for speed climbing in the continental US."

What a freakin' joke...somebody pat that guy on the back because he is just getting loopy from having to do it so much to himself.

If what you report is true, he really is an asshole. Tell him to beat some of Colin's times on routes that require, for example, his hands. Do you suppose he knows how to do that stuff as fast?

Juan

Yeah! I can't read you watch? Why is that? Have you checked w/Colin b/c he is the fastest and best climber. Geek_em8.gif