Smith Roll Call!!

Paco

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Was that you ahead of us? If so you're in trouble for being inconsiderate and bringing down small rocks on my belay. madgo_ron.gif If it wasn't you then were you climbing on the 5.8 next to Moscow. Looked like a nice climb.

NOTE TO NEW MULTI PITCH CLIMBERS (OR INCONSIDERATE EXPERIENCED ONES...): If you believe you need two ropes to get off a climb either the leader trails it, so the second can free it if it gets stuck OR the second carries it on his/her back or in a pack. IMO the second should NEVER be trailing a rope and just leave it hanging all the way up a multipitch route without ever restacking at the belays. It is in the way of other parties coming up behind and creates hazard by potentially bringing down rocks on other climbers. AND if it does get stuck you have created a problem for the parties coming up behind you.

VERY BAD FORM!!! Whoever you were.

Edited by chelle

Yes. Was that you ahead of us? If so you're in trouble for being inconsiderate and bringing down small rocks on my belay. madgo_ron.gif If it wasn't you then were you climbing on the 5.8 next to Moscow. Looked like a nice climb.

NOTE TO NEW MULTI PITCH CLIMBERS (OR INCONSIDERATE EXPERIENCED ONES...): If you believe you need two ropes to get off a climb either the leader trails it, so the second can free it if it gets stuck OR the second carries it on his/her back or in a pack. IMO the second should NEVER be trailing a rope and just leave it hanging all the way up a multipitch route without ever restacking at the belays. It is in the way of other parties coming up behind and creates hazard by potentially bringing down rocks on other climbers. AND if it does get stuck you have created a problem for the parties coming up behind you.

Wasn't me, but Thank You for that bit of advice, as I do fall into that category of Newb Multipitch. THat would be one I'd rather not have to learn the hard way, for other people's sakes. laugh.gif

Thanks Again! wave.gif

Thought that was you! I would have stayed and chatted, but I'd already been subjected to so much nonstop senseless chatter in the area that I just had to get out of there. My favorite was when the guy said, "Those guys ahead of us are moving really slow, but we'll be moving at a pretty good clip." We then climbed our route, came back down Misery Ridge, and I swear those same two guys were still in the same exact place talking about the same damn thing!

Peking was good, especially that first pitch. I caught the leader ahead of you on Moscow at the top of the 2nd pitch -- he asked if I knew where the rap anchors were and I politely suggested he do the walk off, at which point they brought up their trail line and carried it the rest of the way. I was looking out for you! wink.gif

Thanks, JK. What a couple of n00bs those two were. I'll have to check out Peking next time. I'd been wanting to get on Moscow for a couple years and there was always such a line up. Those other 2 guys in line were having a little fun/epic trying to retrieve a bail biner from the sport climb to the right of Moscow. They were nice enough to let us get in front of them, when I suggested I could go up and school the guys trailing the line. wink.gif Why they wouldn't climb up with a rope trailing is a mystery, but oh well I thoroughly enjoyed the route.

Iaxx - I was wearing a helmet. Always a good thing to do with boneheads above you. And even when there aren't any bone heads IMO. But then the helmet thing has been discussed enough lately. rolleyes.gif