Mt Lena/Mt Bretherton, Upper Lena Lake area?

mickj

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been around that area in the winter but haven't done either Bretherton or Lena. Lena looked like just a plain hike up, nothing too steep. Bretherton looked like it would require a bit of scrambling but nothing too technical. There's more route info in the Climbers Guide to the Olympic Mountains. Good luck and have fun!

BlakeJ and I will be in the area tomorrow. We plan on doing the roundtrip marathon Fairweather posted about a few months ago: leaving bikes at Putvin Way trail, running up to Upper Lena, then traversing over to Stone, Lake of the Angels and on down. I've done Bretherton before, and agree it is a fun scramble to the top with rewarding views. That Milk Lake is a real gem.

BlakeJ and I will be in the area tomorrow. We plan on doing the roundtrip marathon Fairweather posted about a few months ago: leaving bikes at Putvin Way trail, running up to Upper Lena, then traversing over to Stone, Lake of the Angels and on down. I've done Bretherton before, and agree it is a fun scramble to the top with rewarding views. That Milk Lake is a real gem.

I've done the route in one day in reverse of what you describe here last year(starting up the Putvin trail, climbing Mt. Stone, down to Scout Lake, over to Upper Lena, Lower Lena, and out.) I found the "traverse" to Scout Lake actually to be mostly a pretty well worn way trail.