RNC protesters =

fenderfour

dipshits

I was listening to NPR as I navigated my way through traffic this morning, and they were talking to some of the protesters in NYC. They were your typical protesting assholes, probably some of the same folks that caused such a ruckus in Seatlle for the WTO. They were trying to demonstrate in the streets and impede traffic. For this, they were arrested. One protester commented that they had a right to be heard, and that they shouldn't be arrested. Yes, you have a right to be heard. You do not have a right to impede access to others. I don't care if you have a flashy name like the Green Block or The Anti-War Action Committee, I don't care if you are Democrat, Republican, or Libertarian. Shit, I don't care if you are Zooastrian. You don't have the right to infringe on other people's rights.

Before any of you can say it, let me throw it out there - "But the Bush and Asscroft can with the anti-terrorist laws?"

Let me finish that arguement early by cutting to the last few lines:

"Bush is an ass"

"Kerry is a pussy"

"you're dumb"

"no you're dumb"

-thanks

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure there are a few bad apples, but it's for a hell of a good cause.

This is such a stupid, wrongheaded way of thinking. Hey, Adolf slaughtered the Poles, but it was for a good cause: Germany needed the space. hellno3d.gif Violating an individual's rights simply to get your voice heard is bullshit.

Comparing protesters to Hitler. Talk about stupid and wrongheaded.

Your reading comprehension sucks. Let me guess, you were educated by the State of Oregon. Let me spell it out for you: justification of an illegal act simply because it suits someone's purpose is wrong-headed. Saying that all the violence of the WTO protests was okay because it "raised awareness" is bullshit.

There apparently have been several violent attacks on convention delegates by protesters. This is bullshit and should be reined in harshly.
Like this?

protest2.JPG

What's your point, bird-cat?

I was in Oslo, Norway when the Iraq war broke out. A sizable crowd of punks arrived to throw bricks at the police who were there to protect the peaceful protesters nearby and the average citizen on the street. I watched as cops on horseback pepper-sprayed the goons and saw a german shepherd dog a few feet away from me, take down some A-pipe who ran out of the crowd to jump a cop. It was really shocking and disturbing...but you know what? I concluded that these brick-throwing, "war-protestors" got what they deserved. Protesting a war by being violent....that ain't even poetic. Physically attacking those with whom you disagree....weak. Impeding others to make your point....that's ineffective. Attacking the police who are protecting your right to protest a war or whatever...that's stupid.

Attacking the police who are protecting your right to protest a war or whatever...that's stupid.

I definitely agree, especially when some of the police actually agree with the protest. However that's just not the way it was in Portland a few years back, where the Portland Police's mishandling of crowd control led to violence. It was police instigated, and built from there. It was as if the cops were looking for a fight.

Comparing protestors to Hitler is of equal stupidity. Maybe you need to go back to college Greg! Oh but wait the halls of education are a bastion of liberal oppression. Hide your wimmin and childrn.

Comparing protestors to Hitler is of equal stupidity. Maybe you need to go back to college Greg! Oh but wait the halls of education are a bastion of liberal oppression. Hide your wimmin and childrn.

Re-read it, shitstick. I did not compare anyone to Hitler. I can't believe I have to explain everything to you; you must be simple. The justification 'bird' used can be used for other things which are not okay. Simply because it achieves one's goal, doesn't make the action acceptable. Get it?

Simply because it achieves one's goal, doesn't make the action acceptable.

Funny gotterdamerung just the other day was saying that this logic was what made the war in Iraq OK, because it achieved Americas goals. Can't you guys come up with a unified argument or something? You're shooting yourselves in the back here.

I couldn't agree more with you Merv. The right to protest peacefully should not be prevented, but go over the line to violence and you should be busted. Protesters who cover their faces can only be doing this because they have committed or plan to commit crimes. Someone who is proud to raise their voice in opposition shouldn't be afraid to have their identity known.

Simply because it achieves one's goal, doesn't make the action acceptable.

Funny gotterdamerung just the other day was saying that this logic was what made the war in Iraq OK, because it achieved Americas goals. Can't you guys come up with a unified argument or something? You're shooting yourselves in the back here.

Even funnier is that we didn't achieve our goals, as we didn't find the weapons of mass destruction we were so sure were present, and which we were so sure were an immediate threat to our country. What were our goals again?