Big REI.com sale

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at REI the other day (doing my duty in the customer service line getting a broken and abused item exchanged for a shiny new one) and accidentally left a book (on control theory) behind. The lady at the customer service desk looked up my phone number and left me a message saying that they have it and are saving it for me. thumbs_up.gif

I know I'll get hammered for this but why is it that REI is so often characterized as an evil corporation by the same people who return broken and worn out stuff for new stuff. REI is a business trying to make a profit. I believe that REI is regarded as a good company in terms of supporting the environment, etc. If anyone is wrong isn't it the people who abuse the generous return policy?

Where did you find the HB cams? REI doesn't even carry these I don't think. There were none there last night and no sign that there ever had been any.

I saw them on an endcap in the climbing section for 24.83. All stuff ending in .83 was half off.

I though it was wierd that they were selling the shitty HB cams myself. I can imagine that at $123 each, they didn't last long.

Screw REI!!!!!!! (Sorry Squid and Erden)

That's OK, Ryland.

Actually, I have not been working for REI for months now.

I took a month off from REI at the beginning of the year, hoping to make progress on many fronts with respect to Around-n-Over, logistics of Six Summits Project and writing a book. When it was time to go back, I realized that all work had expanded to take over the free time, and I had no time left for REI. So I turned in my resignation.

I am on the Around-n-Over work 100% now. The boat is about to arrive at the end of September. I will take off for FL tentatively on Sept 29, pending the arrival of the boat.

See the Around-n-Overweb site for the boat and its story.

theboat.gif

Best,

Erden.

Scott - to avoid thread drift, I will reply in the other thread titled "Rowing boat on its way" on the Climber's Board.

Erden.

Are you kidding? You flash a pic and link like that dude and you think anyone is still thinking of uhhh uhhh uhhhh oh: right....the REI sale?

Geeze: I clicked that link and in less than 2 min my gaping open-mouth wonderment must have drooled on my palms cause they chaffed in sympathy and wonder! Don't even get me started on the shrinkage issue either!

Erden: thats both seriously amazing and inspiring! And epic huge! I'm going to the other thread immediatly.

Wow - this is world class big breaking news of Tsunami magnitute.

Regards and may serious good joss go with you always:

Bill

(BTW Scott, lets not call it a "killer boat" shall we for obvious reasons? grin.gif)