Wisdom....

Peter_Puget

To me, that's treason. I call it treason against rock 'n' roll because rock is the antithesis of politics. Rock should never be in bed with politics," says the 56-year-old [Alice] Cooper, who begins a 15-city Canadian tour on Aug. 20 in Thunder Bay, Ont.

"When I was a kid and my parents started talking about politics, I'd run to my room and put on the Rolling Stones as loud as I could. So when I see all these rock stars up there talking politics, it makes me sick.

"If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal.

link

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, but we know he's a Bush supporter, along with his buddy Terrible Ted. He's not making a secret out of that, yet he's got a problem with pop stars supporting Kerry, to the extent he needs to make a statement. Hmmmm. I suppose that's one way to get people to listen to you when you're a washed-up rocker.

sure, musicians have nothing interesting to say apart from music commentary. a b movie actor and a GE spokeperson (reagan, your hero) in turn would have been totally qualified to run the california then the nation. or an actor in major hollywood shoot'em up (schwarzy) is totally qualified to run california. rolleyes.gif

How conservative a republican can the guy be with a first name like Alice?

Now there's a good question. Come to think of it, Peter seems to line up on the right.....but have you seen his/her avatar photo?

Edited by pope

sure, musicians have nothing interesting to say apart from music commentary. a b movie actor and a GE spokeperson (reagan, your hero) in turn would have been totally qualified to run the california then the nation. or an actor in major hollywood shoot'em up (schwarzy) is totally qualified to run california. rolleyes.gif

Sad, but true. Oh, the hypocrisy...

Which just goes to prove what we've been suspecting all along: the popular vote is primarily a high-school popularity contest.

Marshall: Well, that's what I mean by "political". Do you mean something else? Do you mean propagandistic by "political"?

Zappa: No, we have a little semantic problem here because usually the way I talk about politics is in one sense and I've said this many times in interviews: politics is the entertainment branch of industry. When I talk about my political thoughts, I'm not talking about being part of the entertainment branch of industry. I'm talking more about policy in action. In other words, somebody has to decide to do certain things or not do certain things, and hopefully the person makes that decision has made the decision based on accurate information. The problem with most of the decisions of the last eight years in the Reagan Administration is they're all ideologically based and very seldom have the policy decisions been based on practicality, or far long-range thinking. It's just been based on whether or not the rhetoric that appears in the news that day is in phase with conservative ideology, or appeasement to certain interest groups. It's not good politics in the true sense of the word. And another political act that you have to bear in mind is as long as people have the right to vote, the vote should be cast in a situation where the person with the ballot in his hand has access to enough information to make a practical decision. And that's where I come in. If I can provide an extra dimension of information which may, through this interview or through a record or some other way, get out to a person with a ballot in his hand, I'm doing a public service by providing compilations of data that the news won't give you. It's not that they can't give it to you, they won't give it to you. So, that's the way I think about politics the way I'm involved in it.

I liked Bono's speech!

"I didn't realize that the biggest obstacle to political and social progress wasn't the Free Masons, or the Establishment, or the boot heal of whatever you consider 'the Man' to be, it was something much more subtle. As the Provost just referred to, a combination of our own indifference and the Kafkaesque labyrinth of 'no's you encounter as people vanish down the corridors of bureaucracy."

Bread and circuses, baby. Cooper's just another bad actor. (But I believe the part where he says he's a moron...)