• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Jens

Directions to Mailbox pk. trailhead?

I've driven up the middle fork road for other things but I've never seen this trailhead.

Can anyone give me specific directions on how to find it? I'm thinking about taking my daughter up there.

thanks.

This is NOT a fun or beautiful peak experience. It has little if any worth while views and the trail is steep and not fun. Granted it is a GREAT work out peak, but that is all that it is.

Have fun.

The Mailbox TH is at the point where the pavement ends and gravel/hardpack begins. You will find a large pullout on the left, and where a gated spur road with some added parking space is on the right. The hike up the road and location of the trail is adequately described. I've done the trail many times and it does make for a good cardio work out.

Other good workouts can be found on Si (old trail), Tennerife, McClellan or Granite. At least those are my favorites. I usually reserve Si only for when the weather is really bad or it is too crowded for my tastes.

Could you do us all a favor? The trailhead is SUPPOSED to be marked by a toothbrush. Some rascal swiped it (he probably had his girlfriend along and had forgotten to brush that morning). Please replace the toothbrush. I think it was a Crest brand. The toothbrush should be lashed to a tree on the left where the trail leaves the logging road.

A block of wood with an arrow on it might work better.

We had similar problems with our hubcap trail markers in

Darrington. Somebody kept thinking they looked trashy

and they would diappear almost as fast as we could

collect them along the road.