post du mois

pope

More great stuff from Merv:

You can temper your own f*&%ing adventures, and live "long and healthy" for other ppl. This is a climbing forum! Not a quilting society...

Yah, man. Almost forget. WE'RE CLIMBERS! and we're wild and crazy and reckless, hard-drinking, wild-partyin', don't-mess-with-me-and-you-can-shove-your-opinion-up-your-butt-tough-talkin', hippie-van drivin', hanging out with a bone-in-the-nose girlfriend with hairy armpits, Whillians/Burgess Brothers/Vulgarian emulating, spit-in-the-face-of-the-reaper, buccaneers of the vertical frontier, matadors of the quick draw, desperados of the bouldering pad, Yee ha! and we don't care 'bout nothin cuz we're climbers! So don't even suggest that what I have to say might be weak because...I'M A CLIMBER, and I'm wild and crazy and reckless, hard-drinking, wild-partyin'.... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

fs041101b.jpg

Who are you to tell me how to live my own life.

Dude...he can tell you whatever he likes. And you can choose to consider it, follow it or leave it. "pope" ain't your dictator or puppetmaster. What a country!

It's cool with me if you want to make your mom feel good knowing that her son is safe and sound with a f*#%ing spotter, crash pad, and altimeter at the local crag, but expect a reply if you push that on me.

Once again....how's it been "pushed" on you? Take it or leave it.

Have a nice day.

P.S. Two drops of the "f" bomb in one post? Come on, man....really. You're better than that.

Edited by pope

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Merv is not a fan of boulderers, sport climbers, hippies, or women who don't shave, but it's a fabulous rant and does a nice job of skewering the whole "wild and crazy guys" posture that runs through the sport as a whole. It's not literature, but it has a voice I can hear in my head.

Lurching drunkenly towards the light, sickening theater of clowns regurgiting the litany of facts and alledged information he carenes, carenes off of the allegorical lampost. The dull sick twisted logic of his youth now lost in the depth of the running arguement in his head... To bolt? or not?

Du mois.......du mois......du mois? Yes, I shall post once more..du mois... yellowsleep.gif

Lurching drunkenly towards the light, sickening theater of clowns regurgiting the litany of facts and alledged information he carenes, carenes off of the allegorical lampost. The dull sick twisted logic of his youth now lost in the depth of the running arguement in his head... To bolt? or not?

Du mois.......du mois......du mois? Yes, I shall post once more..du mois... yellowsleep.gif

Wow! Good one, Bill!

ProjectLift.jpg