GODZILLA: WHY IM HARD

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by sexual chocolate:

Now we're really getting into semantic mince-meat....

"All-around 5.11 climbers" can be shown 5.11s that they would piss their collective pants on.

Which begs the question: What does it mean to be a solid 5.11 climber? If'n ya don't can't won't do a certain 5.11, ya ain't a "all-around 5.11 climber"?

Well it does beg the question somewhat. What I would say is that those 5.11s one can't/won't climb would be "few."

quote:

PP: The term "few" places some conditional limits on a given context, regardless of one's peripatetic reasoning....

If I know a "few" climbers, this would limit that sample pool to perhaps 5 in size. Now if a few of those climb X, Y, or Z, "few" would still denote a number which the term refers to:

"Amounting to or consisting of a small number: one of my few bad habits.

Being more than one but indefinitely small in number: bowled a few strings." (per

So given this sordid state of affairs, ALL of my 5.13 climber buds could be "all-around 5.11 climbers", since the sample pool is but a "few"....

Ummmm....so there.
[Wink]

Well it is nice if they all are. That still doesn't change my argument anymore than the probability of having "heads" come up the next time you flip a coin changes after it comes up heads 10 times in a row just before the flip in question.

But I do question your use of the dictionary. It is not the word "few" that enables you to not be inconsistent by now claiming that ALL your 5.13 friends are solid all-around 5.11 leaders. But your previous use of the word "least".

Here it is: at least a few of the 5.13 climbers I know are quite good on trad, with 5.12 gear on-sight abilities.

Please less time in the gym and more in school!

By the way any volunteers to tow me up Mary's Tears/Crucifx?

PP

Originally posted by erik:

[qb]rumur,

my friend whom i was apprently selling like his agent??! (kiss my ass bone) does not crank on plastic nor does he train for specifics....he is a climber and climbs....i am certainly jealous not of his ability, but his drive to constantly make himself better thru doing......

werd to all climbers!!

That dude was seen crank'in on plastic at Olympia rock gym for years and you better ask him about his pully system finger training machine he built

[ 08-22-2002, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: richard noggin ]