[TR] Prusik Peak- West Ridge 8/21/2004

Dustin_B

Climb: Prusik Peak-West Ridge

Date of Climb: 8/21/2004

Trip Report:

Climbed the west ridge of Prusik on Saturday. 15 hours, 24 min, car-to-car, from the Colchuck lake trailhead. Rained the last 3 hours of the hike out.

3027Goat.jpg

3027Prusik_Peak.jpg

This was my first trip into the Enchantments and I was blown away. It is beautiful up there.

Saw two other guys on the way up to the base that were "working on a line on the south face of the west ridge"???

Gear Notes:

Nuts (3-10), couple of hexes, couple of tricams, and cams to #3 cam. Couuld have done without #3. small cams not much use either. Plenty of natural pro to sling.

Approach Notes:

Didn't seem to far going in, but its a long way out.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool.gif

Did you solo?

No, quite the opposite actually. We pitched everything out from the balanced rock. Me and one other guy. I could see how from my brief trip report one could guess that though. I hear people simul the first two pitches but there is one spot on the second pitch with a fixed #1 cam that I was glad to have a proper belay for. I don’t think that move was 5.5, felt harder, but then again I suck. wazzup.gif

Dustin:

Pretty good time for a right winger!

My nephew and a friend of his, both avowed Democrats, did a trip three summers ago that went like this: Leave Stuart Lake trailhead at midnight, hike to and climb the Serpentine Arete, then proceed to and climb the W. Ridge of Prusik, then hike out Snow Lake trail to the parking lot. Total time, trailhead-to-trailhead: 17 hrs.

I'll bet this could be done more quickly if the Enchantments were logged, but so far the Administration hasn't been able to push that one through. Maybe some day.

Just kidding of course. Sounds like you had a super day.

Juan

Shit, thats nothing. I once new some pretty devoted Nadar supporters that round-tripped the entire Temple ridge in under 4 hours. Those guys are faster than either Reps or Dems, IME..... grin.gif

Seriously, that is wicked fast for those two routes. I'm just a gaperific newbie so I was pleased with our time. I think next time we could easily knock 2 hours off the trip. I bet - could do it in like 3:52 though... wazzup.gif

Those Nader Raiders have to be fast because if they hang around, someone will invariably ask them to leave. Or worse, they'll ask them for Ralph's stances on the major issues.

Do you think Ralph had the shit kicked out of him on the palygrounds as kid or what?

Sharp

• 10 years later...