Great climbs w/o second ascent

wayne

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second ascents have been popular lately, Here are a few climbs that havent seen a second ascent. Correct me if I am wrong please and add some more if you know of any.

Diamond face, Bear

Selesse East face, big wall

Soviet route, Bonanza

Dragons of Eden, Dragontail

Dragonfly, Dragontail

Solid Gold, Prussik

North Norweigen?

Eve Dearborn

Dissapearing floor,Hardy

Pickets Traverse

Robbie Reid, N face

Supposedly repreated and a new line added.

• 3 years later...
South Face of Nooksack Tower

Never Never Crack

------

Loren & I's Jberg route

I hope that you won't take this the wrong way, but from my long-distance arm-chair, it looked like your route had objective hazards on par with "Reality Bath," and that for large stretches of the route anyone attempting to climb it would run the risk of getting pulped by a serac fall.

I wasn't there, have never been on the mountain, let alone the route - so am I seriously off base here?

I could have sworn that I talked to someone who did a 2 day ascent of the North Norweigan as a second or maybe even a third ascent. Anyways, that route looks effin balsy and like it would be a pain in the ass. What I want to know is if anyone has done a complete ascent of the NN to the summit.

One route that has yet to see a second ascent is "The Mainline" on West Main Wall, Powell River BC.

160' runouts on 5.11 slab, Combined with A4 on filed down RP's underneath house sized deathblocks.

Grade VI

5.11, A4+

F.A. Colin Dione, Rob Richards 1993

Incidently, if someone wants to head up there.. .I can do the aid if you can do the slab.

http://www.surfingvancouverisland.com/climb/eldred-westmainwall.htm

never never crack has seen many attempts.

Working that crack is a BITCH and a PITA to rig TR

painful jams too.

SC- have you tried it? ...on lead or TR?

side note: Bondage and Enema are very fun and thought provoking nearby routes.

tried it a few times. v7'ish (for me) boulder problem (i seem unable to use the finger crack as a jam), into what seems like 5.12 crack climbing. we just bouldered our way up through the start, protecting as we went. yeah kinda hard to protect, and a toprope would be really hard cuz of the steepness.

ben g. is pretty psyched on the line, and has worked it out. i imagine he'll be out there soon to redpoint, along with others perhaps.