So, Shasta...

Greg_W

I'm thinking of bivying in the Shasta Nat'l. Forest on my way Southward. I'm thinking the O'brien area and finding access to the water. Anyone have some dirtbag suggestions for bivies off I-5? I'll just need to park my truck and throw down; maybe dip my wick in the lake in the a.m.

THanks

Greg_W

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

around dunsuir there is alot of access to the sacto river. this section of river is amazingly beautiful. tho in the early 80's i believe a train dumped several hundred tons of acid into the river and wipped all the living things in the river. tho the river has made a come back. bun the train company refuses to admit that the tracks are dangerous and guess what the politicans agree? this is like the 3rd or 4th bad train derailment in the area.

or down by lake shasta there is some squatting camping to be had. tho on weekends be prepared for alot of people and cops.

or just stay at lamebone's and get coffee and his world famous blueberry pancakes!

safe drive!

If you drive up towards Bunny Flat out of the town of Mt. Shasta (look up approach info for climbing Shasta) you can pull off in the forest service land anywhere and camp. I'm not sure what the situation is closer down towards lake shasta, but you may get hassled...

If you drive up towards Bunny Flat out of the town of Mt. Shasta (look up approach info for climbing Shasta) you can pull off in the forest service land anywhere and camp. I'm not sure what the situation is closer down towards lake shasta, but you may get hassled...

This is a good suggestion. I've done this myself a couple of times, and nobody has hassled me yet...