Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright I got a volunteer for the cheese. All that is needed is:

bacon

another container of salsa

more tortillas

Any takers?

Matt if you can't find anyone to haul the canopy thingy I can, though I won't be getting to 11worth until Friday evening. Also I would have to strap it on to my roof. I am planning on attending the Smiffy thingy too.

I'll bring a jug of salsa, Ken.

What are some recomended climbs around leavenworth? I've never climbed there, but will be bring stuff to do trad or sport, multipitch is fine. I'm looking for the easier range of trad climbs (<5.8), and up to 5.9ish sport climbs. I be with one or two others, and likely wont get to 11worth until early afternoon.

Any want to clue me in on some of the specifics such as directions to Bridge Creek Campground and any other associated events or stuff i should bring?

-Blake

Blake -

Down low in the canyon, in the Sam Hill area, Ski Tracks Crack (5.9 trad) is near don't forget Arete (5.9 sport); both are excellent short climbs.

Giveler's Dome, 5.8 is another trad favorite (though as some note here, it is a lot of hike for what you get). Jazzy Document (5.9 sport but I think you need gear) is also good.

Right above the campground, Bathtub Dome has plenty of stuff in your target zone, as well.

If you want to range slightly farther afield, Castle Rock in Tumwater Canyon has a bunch of moderates that are absolutely classic (Saints, Canary, Catapult and Jello Tower, S. Face, are all 5.8 trad) and so does Peshastin Pinnacles (check out Martian Diagonal Direct (5.8 trad)).

If you want a longer climb, check out Orbit (5.8 trad) on Snow Creek Wall.

Blake,

Bridge Creek is past the 8mile campground in Icicle Creek. Look for signs maybe about 1-2 miles past (not sure the actual distance). Go Left and then left again before the bridge to go into the campground. The group site is at the back through a gate.

Ok people do I hear anyone stepping up to bring some:

Tortillas

Bacon

Speak up!

I'll bring home the bacon!!

Hope to be there early Fri evening!! thumbs_up.gif

Alright thanks, sounds like breafast is on. I'm siked.

That would be great if you can join us for a ride. I am out of here tonight, see you all up there.

anyone headed over hwy 2 might want to stop at coles corner and get some fresh chantrells ($3.50/lb)from tim and clay at natural wonders (the place with the basalt columns planted in the dirt)...if you ask nice they might cough up some pine mushrooms also....i had some in my omelette this morning...scrumptious...there is a hand crack to bolder between two of those collumns...

Hey, I really REALLY want to get out on sunday. I was going to go to the rope-up and WA pass on sat/sun but my partner's car didn't work out.. so i have no ride. If you want to go anywhere (like WA pass/liberty bell area) or to Mt erie, I'd LOVE to go. I have trad and sport gear, rope, and money for food, just no car. If you are heading over to 11worth tonight for climbing tomorrow, that is great too.

-Blake

I'm in Bellingham

The weather was great yesterday- I had a swell time with Dan, Marissa, Aaron, Sergio...and a bunch of others.

I arrived at Bridge Creek just as AlpineK showed up with the tap- excellent beer, TerminalGravity. Thanks!

I hung out a bit- just long enough to say hi and snap some pics

showphoto.php?photo=7608&sort=1&cat=514&page=1

but had to take off before long. It was a great crew, and I'm looking forward to seeing how far things degenerated.

rockband.gifbigdrink.gif

much love-