Peshastin fire

dtw

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that picture was clear of smoke, you would be looking at my fathers property, which is along the left hand ridge, and even includes one of the pinnacles. We are loosing our cabin and gazebo. It fucking sucks, and there are no other words to describe it.

my parents house and others on dempsey road were spared by more or less than a mile during the rat creek inferno.

Sucks to loose property.... hope you have insurance.

I always suspected that climbing at peshastin is like climbing in hell...

Btw- AD- the pinnacles are great climbing; just not in the summer...spring and late fall into winter, it is superb.

What's all this going to do to access after the fire subsides. those trails were not that erosion friendly to begin with. Now it will be even worse.

Sorry to hear about your property. Seeing the orchards on fire there too sucks. A few years back my parents lost a few rows of cherry trees in a fire in Dallesport, as well as their windbreak. The fire started by a train next to the the woodchip mill across the Columbia River in The Dalles. The wood chip mill didn't make it, and the fire jumped the river. unbelieveable. Luckily, no one was hurt, and the mill was the only structure burned.

My father saved his cabin and gazebo. He had to sneak up the back side of the ridge, because he just had to check out how bad it was, and when he got there he noticed most of the burning was done, with several small fires burning around the cabin. He began yelling for help, and fire fighters came and helped him put out some small flames around the cabin. I am sure he will have some photos. I hope the fire damage is minimal.