Is there Hope?

dyno_merchant

.[/qb]

A guide is coming out cause Nate and Mark want to spray about all the 'hard' problems they have done...[/QB]

Why don't they get their website going again and post topos to just the boulders with these 'hard' problems and then the rest of the boulders would stay reletively quiet still. If I want to go somewhere and try some hard problems I tend to look on the internet first (i think most traveling climbers do that now). I don't want to buy a 20 dollar guide when I'm only going to use 1 percent of it.

Guidebooks are for the masses. If you don't want the masses coming then don't produce a guidebook.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

Why the hell would some wanker want to carry a bigassed unwieldy kotex pad into the wilderness? Why not just climb the shit with ropes and such? This bouldering sounds a little precious. Just curious.
[Roll Eyes]

So I should cheat and use a rope?

Boulderers are lazy anyway...we would never survive into your precios wilderness....

Originally posted by Dru:

[QB]a trad climber only needs one person to love him - his partner. or not even love him, they can be bound by mutual disgust but still want to climb the same peak.

The trad dudes bound my mutal disgust but wanted to climb the same shit!!

Does every climber know partners like that, I know I do.Whathefuksupwitdat I thought climbing was supposed to be fun [Roll Eyes]

DYNO,

i aint baggin on ya...or your climbing medium of choice......i just think it is soo funny that peeps think that there should be directions to climbing a piece of rock....all that match foot to mouth and such seems contrived. i hear boulderers saying that bouldering is more free...allowing you to focus solely on movement and power....wheres the freedom if i am required to do the same exact thing every else does??? why should 'english' be reuired sometimes? why cannot i do the problem the way i want too?? why would my ascent or accomplishment be looked down upon because i used an 'off' hold?? please do not say "boulderers aren't like that" cause ummmm...yes they are. when was the last time you were below the cheif crankin or down behind camp 4 when your ascent was invalidated because you didnt do toby's killer arete because you stepped on the 34 finger match on bob's wicked slab? yup ive heard it and been told it....

oh well my man, have fun and keep crankin!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

DYNO,

i aint baggin on ya...or your climbing medium of choice......i just think it is soo funny that peeps think that there should be directions to climbing a piece of rock....all that match foot to mouth and such seems contrived. i hear boulderers saying that bouldering is more free...allowing you to focus solely on movement and power....wheres the freedom if i am required to do the same exact thing every else does??? why should 'english' be reuired sometimes? why cannot i do the problem the way i want too?? why would my ascent or accomplishment be looked down upon because i used an 'off' hold?? please do not say "boulderers aren't like that" cause ummmm...yes they are. when was the last time you were below the cheif crankin or down behind camp 4 when your ascent was invalidated because you didnt do toby's killer arete because you stepped on the 34 finger match on bob's wicked slab? yup ive heard it and been told it....

oh well my man, have fun and keep crankin!!!!!!

I agree bouldering is contrived. Who cares.

For me, climbing isn't about suffering and all that...it's about having fun while pushing my mental and physical limits. Bouldering gives me that more than any other aspect of climbing? Other aspects of climbing (trad, sport, tree climbing)may be other peoples choice-what does it matter... As long as people are psyched and not hurting anyone else they should be able to do as they please...

Again...I don't go on trad topics and spray about how my form of climbing is better than yours...please don't go on bouldering topics and attack us...well...unless it's really, really funny and well thought out...of course....whatever..blah, blah, blah

Bouldering's good when you want to climb but don't have a partner 'cause you live in the boonies. Mind you, this isn't the safest way to do it, but if you can figure out how to place your pad right at the spot where you're going to fall, you're set.

The bouldering scene is very silly, I agree. The shirtless guys in toques always crack me up!

[Roll Eyes]

All climbing is contrived these days, at least to non-climbers. What, you're not actually doing anything *useful* up there, are you? Climbing is the moral equivalent of golf...

[Moon]

There's my bit of unsolicited opinion for today...