Mt. Rainier Photo & Summit Route

I'm looking for a large, wide, clean photo of Rainier and then something that shows climbing routes or route (with camps or stations) to the summit. Sorry if the terminology is off but I'm a video and television producer, not a climber.

Appreciate the help.

Larry Badger

llb@opan.org

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a tri-fold lamented version of this at most climbing stores including REI and Feathered Friends. I am not sure who produced it but one is green and has 3 or 4 routes on it and the other is a pinkish color with 3 or 4 different routes. It has all the routes well marked with Muir, Sherman, Hazard, etc. marked. Last I remember it cost under $10.

I have quite a different pic of Rainier from the North side that I took last september. You can see a smaller version of it on my site: http://nwog.org/gallery.htm Just click on the archive collection and it is the only one up there. I have a high resolution version that I already blew up to 24" X 36"

Not the most popular version of the mountain, but different.

Thanks

Scott Harder

scott@starder.com

If you are going up the main routes, eg ingram direct, disappointment cleaver, and emmons glacier just follow the herd. If you have never been climbing I would start on Adams, baker, and hood. Rainier can be a walk in the park and then again it has worked the best of us. I would get a guidebook...

The outdoor writer for the News-Tribune in Tacoma just did a big write-up on climbing Mt. Rainier. I believe he had some original graphics done. It looked good in print. You could probably get some help from him.

Larry, I'm guessing that you want this photo for production purposes, not because you're trying to climb the mountain? There's a photographer named Will Landon who has published a book called "Rainier Panorama" (Falcon Press) full of spectacular aerial views. There is also a poster available at local climbing stores and poster stores with a dawn aerial view of the mountain. I'm sure you could track him down through the publisher. Good luck.