Crystal Expansoin

Dave_Schuldt

As a volunteer ski patroller at another mountain I can say from my own experience that boundary enforcement pretty much sucks. I avoid it at all costs. Of course, all of the Crystal patrollers are paid employees (they don't have any vollies) so I guess they'll have to do what they're told. I definitely think that when people see the red jacket & white cross they should think "rescue" not "cop"...but it looks like the winds of change are blowing the other way at CM.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to be that way in Jackson hole, patrolers lurking to bust people, even cops on skis a couple of times. But now the boundaries are open all the time and if you get into trouble the county SAR is your only hope. i don't see why crystal couldn't do it, after all from JH you can ski off the back into Teton park, which is also a national park, and that does not seem to be a problem.

There are plenty of high speed quads at Crystal right now. I'm happy with things the way they are, and I don't want to pay for more lifts.

I should add that concidering global warming and the fact that the skier/snowboarder population is not growing I don't think that more lifts are a good business stratigy.

If I owned the ski area I would try for the Gondola, a super fancy summit restaurant and a big base area with lots of shops selling cute NW artwork. Thats how you make money not off this skiing crap.

I should add that concidering global warming and the fact that the skier/snowboarder population is not growing I don't think that more lifts are a good business stratigy.

If I owned the ski area I would try for the Gondola, a super fancy summit restaurant and a big base area with lots of shops selling cute NW artwork. Thats how you make money not off this skiing crap.

This is what is happening in Europe. Banks are starting to refuse loans to skiing operations for enhanced lifts becuase of global warming. The banks believe they won't get their money back becuase they believe the ski area operaters will have less revenue from the lessened ski seasons.

• 2 weeks later...