Annual migration to Norther Vancouver Island

Well, the annual "en-masse" migration to the Nomash River Valley near Zeballos on Vancouver island starts tomorrow.

Around 8 or a dozen climbers and hangers-on (and for this area that's a whole bunch) will be camped out all week and a few rocks should get climbed. Several ascents of Wapiti Mainline on Dale Earnhardt Dome will be in order and maybe completion of "Full Throttle" to the dome summit if things go well. It looks like no power drill available this year, though.

If you're interested in coming up and joining the fun you can get directions at my web page "http://zulu/wapiti/directions.html".

The weather outlook is improving, but this is Northern VI after all, and nearly on the West Coast at that.

Or, if you are into the alpine, Mount Rugged accross the valley invites exploration.

4386DH_Dome_2-med.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, my error. That's my internal url on my home network behind my firewall. Naturally an external computer can't access that url (I certainly hope so, anyway!)

The right address for the directions page is of course http://members.shaw.ca/eseedhouse/wapiti/directions.html

A google search on "wapiti climb" will bring up several links to the guide pages on page one of the return list.

Also a google on "ed seedhouse" will bring up a link to my home page as the first hit, and the wapiti guide web pages are linked there.