jaee

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My take on the issue is that the issue is not wieght but instead bulk. I don't mind heaving around more weight, I'm just annoyed when it makes my pack big and clunky. I've got a Lafuma super light weight 800 fill ~20 deg down bag (sorry, don't know the exact model) but in retrospect, would go instead of a synthetic w/ a comp. sack simply for the peace of mind about water.

I bought an Usba 30' down bag w/ Pertex shell before Ushba got out of softgoods. It weighs 15 oz and is quite comfortable, I have yet to see its equal.

But its not made anymore, so I ended up getting an Integral Designs Andromeda Strain bag for my wife, and have since been sold on the ID bag. Its very compressible, synthetic thus stays warmer when a bit damp, and comes in Short, Reg, Long.

I bought a Marmot Hydrogen recently. I wanted the WM Highlite, but I got a deal on the Marmot that I couldn't refuse. It's only about 4 oz heavier and I've been pretty happy with it so far. I took it out to Vantage this weekend and I could have use a bit warmer bag, but it was ok. Froze my ass off once I got out of the bag this morning though!

Jeff

I dont know if anyoe is intrested, but I have a WM Highlite I'm looking to sell. Its seen about 7 nights use while wearing Capline and always in an tent of a bivy. I'm just a very cold sleeper and want something with a little more 'omph' to it. 150 + whatevers shipping sound good? I'll probaly toss up a add in the For Sale Forum, but I'm lazy right now.

Cheers: Rob

I bought a Marmot Hydrogen recently. I wanted the WM Highlite, but I got a deal on the Marmot that I couldn't refuse. It's only about 4 oz heavier and I've been pretty happy with it so far. I took it out to Vantage this weekend and I could have use a bit warmer bag, but it was ok. Froze my ass off once I got out of the bag this morning though!

Jeff

I too have a Hydrogen. I also wanted to look at the WM but couldn't find it anywhere. I've used the Marmot in the Cascades in winter and for it's rating I thought it was plenty warm.

• 3 months later...