Anything cool in Edmonton?

swaterfall

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing cool to do in Edmonton and the nearest mountains are 3 hours west in Jasper.

Well - not exactly true, there are jazz festivals and stuff in the summer in Edmonton, it has more culture than Calgary. But you can find out all that on the city's website which you can find with Google.

A not-so-close friend of mine's parents live in Edmonton. You could visit them? Just tell 'em I sent ya.

wave.gif

edit: More helpful tips: I could also ask him what high school he went to and you could visit there... I think it would be a blast!

Just pm me for details.

Edited by Alpinfox

You know, the queen herself came to the grand unveiling of that damn egg (properly known as a pysanka)

U of A butterdome climbing wall is good and cheap. Da de O's on 106 street and whyte ave is good eats and beer - Oyster po-boy and mississippi mud beer are my recommendations. spend the evening on whyte ave with partying university types. After drinking enough, go to Saskatchewan Drive (6 blocks north of whyte) and ~112 street to find, on campus, a squat, white building known locally as the "tory turtle" that you can climb on top of in the middle of the night, it is rock blocks and mortar, maybe 20 or 40 feet of 5.9/10a and really is worth doing for the view and adventure (no pro, security guards)Later, within 5 blocks, you can rappel off the High Level bridge (109 street, 6 blocks of north of whyte ave- about 120 feet to pavement on the south side. Sleep in, get drunk, and repeat.

The Edmonton Fringe Festival is on until Aug 22. Whyte Ave. will have more freeks, geeks, clowns and performers per square meter than just about any event other than maybe Burning Man. Shows are either free (street performers) or like $10 or less. Edmonton is known as the Festival city and this is the topper for the summer.