Shuksan N. Face Conditions

Juan

I am going to Shuksan, weather permitting, weekend after this. My wife has wanted to climb it for years. Does anyone have any recent info on the amount of alpine ice now showing on the N. Face route as well as shrunds etc.? When I climbed it in late July some years ago with DPS and Colin, it was easy neve. No pickets or screws were needed. I'm guessing it's a different animal this year. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated and would help us make our decision. Fisher Chimneys would be the back-up of course.

Cheers,

John Sharp

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

E-Doggie: Oh yes we do need to party. Your place or mine? My wife wants to give you a hug, but that's it.

PonchoVilla: Thanks for the Shuksan picture. You just answered my question! What a year it's been.

Thanks all.

Juan

Sky:

Is that really it? That looks like it is fairly low or in the middle of the route if I remember right. Maybe the section where you are gaining the ridge?

The other question I have is how do you manage to climb so much??? You are on it, man!

Thanks for the pictures,

John