[TR] Stonerabbit Pk.-FA of Southeast Face 8/1/2004

Stemalot

Climb: Stonerabbit Peak-Southeast Face

Date of Climb: 8/1/2004

Trip Report:

What do you call 1,200+ meters of bush free, loose rock free, and lichen free big wide open slab scrambling?

Base of Stonerabbit's southeast face. Go ahead...scramble and climb straight up!

4756TR5.jpg

Reinhard going solo.

4756TR2.jpg

1000 meters of air from the summit of Stonerabbit

4756TR4.jpg

A little summit bouldering on the Rabbit.

4756TR8.jpg

We called our route Rabbit's Coat.

Gear Notes:

Food, water, rock shoes, and tranquilizer if you get nervous on big slabby face.

Approach Notes:

Chehalis FSR, Skwellepil road

Edited by jon

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hum...I should really change the post. the face is NOT 1200 meters. it's about half of that. I should have stated more clearly that the drainage approach itself is all on slab all the way to the base of the face. I apologize for not being clear on this.

• 6 years later...

A fine example of why your TR photos should be hosted here on CC.com, offsite photo hosting is always sketchy in the long term. In this case Stemalot hasn't posted since May 2010 and who knows if he'll get this message, correct the links, or even climbs any more?

Folks, there is no limit on the number of photos you host here, and you can post them anywhere, so wise up.

All good points Off, but the photo upload process here is often slow, confusing and dysfunctional. Come to think of it so am I.

Tyson

I haven't had any problems with the upload process, but it seems I've heard others have. I'll kick it upstairs to the folks with their hands in the guts of the site, perhaps they can figure out something more dependable or intuitive.

G-Spotter, I don't know the fellow so I just can't be as up close and personal as you are. Perhaps you'd nudge him and let him know his fans want to see the pics that were in his TR? I'm sure many would appreciate it.