Metolius Super Chalk...

Greg_W

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By keeping jobs such as bagging chalk local Metolius inefficently deploys their capital - which could be used developing new products, as an example, making them less competitive. Innovation - both in design, and manufacturing is the way the 1st world will suceed.

Innovation? You mean like?:

RangeFinderImage.jpg

yellaf.gif

I support the choice they made a few years ago to stop making technical climbing clothing instead of farming out the work to some offshore third party. I wish my employer felt the same way.

I too wish my employer believed in America. I don't believe the best way to grow and support American industry is by subsidizing industries that can be done better, cheaper and quicker elsewhere.(bagging chalk being the epitome of this) That's the path Europe's taken and it (with few exceptions) isn't leading them to success. By keeping jobs such as bagging chalk local Metolius inefficently deploys their capital - which could be used developing new products, as an example, making them less competitive. Innovation - both in design, and manufacturing is the way the 1st world will suceed.

Amen brother. Thank-fucking-God there's at least one other person on this site that reads The Economist.

Now if only someone could let the citizens of Oregon in on the secret that forcing motorists to pay for someone to pump their gas actually results in a net job-loss for the State rather than a net gain....