Metolius Super Chalk...

Greg_W

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dope on Super chalk as Metolius calls it is Metolius adds anti perspirant to the magnesium carbonate (thus making it super?). This allows the magnesium carbonate to dry the hands while the anti perspirant discourages further perspiration.

A few other companies claim pharmaceutical grade magnesium carbonate or “pure” magnesium carbonate but unless the user stores the chalk in a dessicator; the chalk will slowly absorb water vapor from the air until it is no better than any other chalk source on the market.

I personally use super chalk because of all the chalk brands I have tried I like its texture best and because Metolius bags it in Oregon.

Hi! Dr. Flash Amazing here, to tell you about Metolius Super Chalk! Super Chalk's space-age drying agents and pow/nugs formulation ensure a Fall-temps grip on even sweltering Summer days, virtually guaranteeing success on your latest proj', from sneaky slopers to crafty crimps!

Metolius Super Chalk: it's not just "super," it's "superb"!

Dip a dab today!

wave.gif

does this mean that when I am pulling the 5.6 crux with all the fine ass prahna hunnies looking on, I can dust my armpits and ballz with super chalk to maintain a stink free body for hitting on said chicks after rapping off?

If this is the case I would like to see super chalk with added old spice and right guard scents.

"Metolious Super Chalk: If you ain't gettin' pussy, than there's no point in climbin'"

I can dust my armpits and ballz with super chalk to maintain a stink free body for hitting on said chicks after rapping off?

It has a anti-persperiant in it not a deoderant, ie you can present said hunnies with dry balls but still with what ever stank you have been stewing.

Didn't notice a difference between brand-X and Metolius super chalk. The twerpy nerds that are gettin me all lerned up would say that MgCO3 is the same thing as "super" MgCO3. Go steal the multi-colored chalk bucket from the two-year old down the street, it'll be cheaper and easier than buying it, and you'll be the envy of everone on the rock with your pastel pink, yellow and blue hands... fruit.gifrolleyes.gifcantfocus.gif

Sorry if bagging chalk doesn't meet you americana laissez-faire definition of a high quality/successful job (BTW: the individuals who do bag it also perform other tasks within their job scope...). The catch is someone does feel the job is worth while and chooses to do it. Regardless of what the job pays it puts money in their pocket and they, in turn, will spend some portion of that in the state of OR (and no matter how little it is; it is something).

I commend and will continue to financial support companies such as Metolius that recognize the importance of keeping job (no matter how minor) local. As much as I wish they still made their big wall shorts; I support the choice they made a few years ago to stop making technical climbing clothing instead of farming out the work to some offshore third party. I wish my employer felt the same way.

I support the choice they made a few years ago to stop making technical climbing clothing instead of farming out the work to some offshore third party. I wish my employer felt the same way.

I too wish my employer believed in America. I don't believe the best way to grow and support American industry is by subsidizing industries that can be done better, cheaper and quicker elsewhere.(bagging chalk being the epitome of this) That's the path Europe's taken and it (with few exceptions) isn't leading them to success. By keeping jobs such as bagging chalk local Metolius inefficently deploys their capital - which could be used developing new products, as an example, making them less competitive. Innovation - both in design, and manufacturing is the way the 1st world will suceed.